Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

Full surgical face and neck lift with platysmal plication

For those who need just a little bit more...
Budsymay

Full surgical face and neck lift with platysmal plication

Postby Budsymay » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:25 pm

This week I had a full surgical facelift and neck lift with a platysmal plication that did not involve an incision under the chin. I wanted to post my experience about this as although I found this website hugely informative about AMF, there is not so much is written about the full facelift, and some of you may be looking for others' experiences. I must begin by giving you some background. I am 62 years old, and have never had an operation in my life. The thought of one, let alone one that is not technically necessary, really, really scared me. I never thought I would ever have a facelift. My face and neck aged hugely in the past twelve months after I contracted reactive arthritis and had to go on Prednisolone which bloated me. The face and neck looking at me in the mirror was definitely not mine - sagging jowls, sad looking and turkey neck. I contacted ME in Bristol because they offer this operation under sedation, which seemed better. I have not been disappointed. The entire team have been amazing; Heather could not have been kinder, more reassuring or more thoughtful. Mr Guest was amazing and although it is only a couple of days since the procedure I can see the difference already. The procedure took place in the endoscopy theatre which is small and friendly. Sedation was a breeze (did I really say that?) with Dr. Sesada and it was all over so fast: one minute I was having things attached to me and the next the lovely theatre staff were waking me up - I don't remember falling asleep and have a few vague flashbacks of things but no memory of any pain or the procedure at all. I woke up having a tight bandage being applied and went back to my room in a wheelchair. A bit sleepy, no pain, a bit later some paracetamol ( had some codeine which mad me feel a bit sick and faint but it was momentary). Things that helped me: a V shaped pillow that I brought in, blueberries as it is hard to open your mouth and chew!, a sleeping pill for the first night, and two Kool Packs that the nurses rotated in the freezer for me to apply to my face and neck, arnica- buy the 30c stronger potency online and arnica cream. Thank you Team ME - you made a potentially scary time for me well worth the decision to go ahead. I look forward to posting photos soon,

Catlover40

Re: Full surgical face and neck lift with platysmal plicatio

Postby Catlover40 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:52 am

Hi
It is so nice to read your post as I am booked for the same operation end of June and like you said there are not many post about the full facelift with necklift.
I will be very interested in reading more posts from you as the days and weeks go by to see how you find the recovery process.
Hope you are well
Suzanne
tricia.a

Postby tricia.a » Tue May 26, 2015 2:10 pm

I'm having this done at the end of June and found you information very helpful.
lellywoms

Postby lellywoms » Tue May 26, 2015 5:35 pm

Hi

I'm having mine done at the beginning of August and would really love to hear more about your recovery not to mention some photos if you have any.

I'm really excited but nervous at the same time because as well as the full face and neck I'm having my upper eyes done too so any advise you have will be well received.

Thanks in anticipation
Maureen

Postby Maureen » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:12 pm

Hi

I've just read your post and was wondering how you feel about the results now that a couple of months have passed by and do you have any before and after photo's you are willing to show?

Thank you

Maureen
palmspringsbabe

Postby palmspringsbabe » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:12 pm

At 69 years of age I had a full face and neck lift with platysmal plication on 20th May 2015. As I didnt want general anaesthesia I had to travel about 200 miles to Spire hospital as no-one locally did this operation under sedation only. However it was worth the travel. Mr Guest was very approachable and realistic as to the expected outcome. All the staff inspired confidence and Dr Sessada expertly administered sedation so I was totally relaxed and unaware of what was taking place. Analgesia was given as required post operatively so there was very little suffering. I was able to travel home by train the next day (although I was advised to stay locally another day). I slept in a recliner chair for 2 weeks to help reduce the swelling (which was minimal ) and followed the post operative care instructions strictly. The friends who are aware that I have had cosmetic surgery say that I look younger (although I know I will never look 21 again!!!) and I can see for myself the difference it has made in just 7 weeks. For me, taking the step to have surgery was a good decision.
kathypace

Postby kathypace » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:12 pm

Great reports, thank you
I was looking at have the AMF with the Platysmal Plication. Do you have before and after photo's that I could please see.
Thank you my email address is katberrie@hotmail.co.uk
Dilyskew

Re: Full surgical face and neck lift with platysmal plication

Postby Dilyskew » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:08 pm

I am booked in for the same procedure and was very relaxed about it until I read an appalling review from a patient which has unnerved me. Can anyone offer reassurance as I am somewhat bewildered! Many thanks
valerieandrews

Re: Full surgical face and neck lift with platysmal plication

Postby valerieandrews » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:38 pm

After several years of being very unhappy with the way I looked I finally took the plunge and went to see Mr Guest. He had been recommended to me by a friend who had had the Advanced Mini Facelift and looked really good. The last thing I wanted was to look as though I had had a facelift, it needed to be subtle. At the age of 67 I did wonder if it was worth it, after all I wasn't a young thing anymore, but my face and especially my neck were not the face I remembered and when I looked in the mirror I didn't recognise the person looking back. Added to which I was getting more and more miserable about it. So on 8th January 2016 I found myself at the Spire Hospital in Bristol not sure whether I was looking forward to it or not. The staff there could not have been kinder, they put me at my ease straight away. I have been unfortunate enough to have had several operations over the years so the actual operation was not a worry to me, however this was my FACE and would be very much on show. Mr Guest was very reassuring as was Dr Sasada. and the whole procedure went so very smoothly, one minute I was chatting away and the next being woken gently with a lovely nurse holding my hand. My head was bandaged quite tightly and I will not lie to you, there was some discomfort but nothing that paracetemol and a couple of codeine couldn't deal with. Eating that day was a little difficult as my mouth didn't want to open to wide so I would recommend choosing something very soft from the menu. The next day I was able to shower, wash my hair and leave by 10.30am. I was given a bandage to wear for 48 hours and slept propped up for at least a week. The only time I needed any pain relief was at night for a few days afterwards. I healed very quickly, the scars on my face are invisible and the one under my chin might take a little work with Bio Oil as I healed so fast I healed over the stitches. The effect is amazing, gone is the turkey neck and the heavy jowls are a thing of the past. Everyone says I look well and it has taken years off me. I have my smiley face back and I feel so much better in myself. Yes there is discomfort and the numbness around the ears and under the neck are still there but gradually diminishing. So if you are thinking of doing it my advice is GO FOR IT. You won't regret it.

Return to “Full Facelift”