Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

Looking forward to my AMF and fresher eyes!

For patients who have had (or are considering) eyelid surgery at the same time as their Advanced Mini Facelift.
marilyn

Looking forward to my AMF and fresher eyes!

Postby marilyn » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:58 pm

Just two weeks to go before the big day! I am slightly nervous, but confident that I shall be in good hands.
As a full time teacher, the pure bliss of not actually having to do anything except rest for 24 hours is a beauty treatment in itself!
I am loving the useful videos and just hope all obvious evidence of bruising around the eyes especially has disappeared by the time I am back at work two weeks later.
I have got a ticket to see the work of designer Alexander McQueen at the Victoria and Albert museum, for the first Monday back at college and if all else fails, I can make like the other fashionistas and wear shades!

sopcon1106

Re: Looking forward to my AMF and fresher eyes!

Postby sopcon1106 » Thu May 07, 2015 6:55 pm

Hi, just wondered how you got on! Are you happy with the end result?
lellywoms

Postby lellywoms » Fri May 08, 2015 4:15 pm

Hello there, so how did it go, did you have to wear sunglasses after two weeks?
marilyn

Postby marilyn » Sun May 17, 2015 10:52 am

Hello!
All has gone well and the results are a nice smooth jawline and slightly fuller cheeks towards the eye area. I did wear sunglasses when I went outside and I still do if it is sunny as my eyes are more sensitive, which is to be expected. Unfortunately I have hayfever, which I have never had before, which is making my eyes super itchy and irritated by the end of the day!

My stitches were removed relatively painlessly, more prickly than anything and the face/jaw scars are less red and flattening. I found I was sensitive to bio oil, so used simple moisturizer and Vaseline around the eyes on some evenings when my eyes felt sore. I have just bought Kelo-Cote scar gel which I am hoping will aid the sensitivity and healing around the eyes. That said, a bit of make up conceals ant redness beautifully

My eyes are taking far longer to subside, but my job requires me to be on a computer most of the time and my sight is less good. I have found that contact lens will not go in anymore, so I have had a new eye test and prescription for glasses. I do hope to have lenses back sometime in the future though. I think I would have been better if I did not need to read so much in the day and would advise anyone to really steer clear of straining the eyes. I will check back in a few weeks re: progress and results of Kelo Cote

I am now attempting to upload some pics...fingers crossed
Oh and it was bliss to get roots and colour done ;Charles Worthington 'Salon at Home' root concealer spray was excellent
Be assured you are in safe hands!
marilyn

Postby marilyn » Sun May 17, 2015 11:04 am

Having no joy with the uploading of pictures- feel free to email me jzs@lutonsfc.ac.uk

Return to “Advanced mini facelift and blepharoplasty”