Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

Week 11 and still very happy

For patients who have had (or are considering) eyelid surgery at the same time as their Advanced Mini Facelift.
Bertie

Week 11 and still very happy

Postby Bertie » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:05 am

I had an AMFL and lower blepharoplasty nearly 11 weeks. I was delighted pretty quickly after the procedure and remain so. My eyes amazed me from the outset as within a week it was hard to detect scars. Now even I struggle to see them - just a pale white line in my lower lashes. From the outset I have regularly gone without any makeup and no-one notices (including me). Just much improved puffy-less / less wrinkled eyes.

My face lift was a delight from as soon as the swelling subsided, as the jowls where very significantly improved, as was the sagginess of my neck. The tighter jawline is a delight. All has settled and really had done by end week two. There remains a very slight numbness (more a sensation now than numbness per se) where the scar lines are. This improves weekly. The scar lines have never been very visible and fade by the week. I am confident enough to go make-up less and hair scraped back to the gym (have been for weeks), though I often just wear a hair band and pull it over my ears out of habit now. I do tend to wear my hair forward generally- but always did, so it frames my face anyway and always hid the scars.

The bottom of my ear lobes are slightly 'crinkled' /raised along the scar line (though not red), but I doubt anyone would notice but me. Regular massaging for a couple of minutes a day on the scar line there seems to be flattening the scar tissue. The same seems to be working behind the ears. One of my stiches behind the ears 'burst' after the procedure and took a little longer to heal. This has left a slightly raised bump / scar. Again a bit of gentle massage with some bio-oil seems to flattening this. But it was hardly a big issue. Mr Guest will review when I have my follow-up in March.

Only my daughter suspected what I had had done and originally she was fobbed off with the explanation that I had invested in some new make-up. When she said it really suited me, I then told her the truth. All other comments have been that I 'look well.' I had thought I wouldn't tell anyone, but I have got so hacked off with people not noticing / commenting that I have taken to saying to friends after we have had a long conversation 'so what do you think of my face lift then?' Most are amazed (or good actors) and then add things like 'I thought you looked very well' or 'I knew there was something different but assumed it was your hair.' Yes I had some judgements from some on the principle of having plastic surgery (this is a great over a drink discussion in over 50 years feminists) - do I care? Do I heck. But most are just dead impressed and more than one plans a trip to Mr Guest!

So would I have it done again - absolutely. Without a moment's hesitation.

WendyM

Re: Week 11 and still very happy

Postby WendyM » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:16 pm

Hello
Both my friend and I are about to embark on a journey like yours. A mix of excitement and anxiety from both of us. Any advice for us or words of wisdoms? Did you stay in overnight?
Also any pictures we can see would really help us
Thank you ladies for any help
Regards Wendy
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:52 pm

The previous post poses the question 'Did you stay in overnight?' An overnight stay is an essential part of the AMF care pathway. Bed rest for the first 12 - 18 hours is fundamental to the prevention of post-operative bleeding. We abandoned day case facelift surgery over 5 years ago as it led directly to an excess of immediate post-operative bleeding, presumably related to blood pressure surges on activity. In addition, approximately 1% of patients have an event during the first 24 hours post-operatively that requires direct medical intervention. The best place to receive immediate medical attention is, of course, a hospital. I stress once again we now never perform facelift surgery without an overnight stay in hospital. In addition, why would anyone ever expose themselves to that degree of stress and uncertainty?
WendyM

Postby WendyM » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:16 pm

Thank you very helpful
It doesn't actually state on the website (as far as I remember) that it isn't a day case procedure. I understand the reasons why as I am medical so that clears that up. We would still be keen to see photographs where ever possible
Thank you

Return to “Advanced mini facelift and blepharoplasty”