Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

Day 8 - thrilled

For patients who have had (or are considering) eyelid surgery at the same time as their Advanced Mini Facelift.
Bertie

Day 8 - thrilled

Postby Bertie » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:51 pm

I had an AMFL and lower bletharoplasty 8 days ago and I am thrilled!

The swelling (which was alarming at times especially around day 3 and 4, when I did begin to panic was I going to stay like that) has subsided and the bruising, of which there was surprisingly little from the outset, has also nearly gone. Now just a faint yellow and easily maskable. It’ll be gone completely in another day or so.

I have a taught jaw line and the hateful jowls are gone, gone, gone. My neck is also considerably improved. There is no stringiness / sagging. My eyes are also very noticeably less crinkly. My eye stiches came out on day 5 and immediately I was absolutely amazed at how hard it was to see the scars. Yes a slightly pink line, but if this is as bad as it gets at week 1, well it bodes well. It is going to be no trouble to disguise until it fades.

I get my AMFL stiches out on day 10 and can hardly wait. The whole experience has been very positive from the pre-care, to the experience of the operation with Mr Guest, Dr Sasarda and their excellent team, through the aftercare.

I don’t think I ever felt ‘pain’ – some discomfort at times, yes. But pain, no. There’s no doubt the numbness in the side of my face is now weird and will take some getting used to until the sensation comes back. But well worth it.

For any of you embarking on this ‘good luck.’ I can only reiterate, I am very pleased and glad I did this. And thank you to all of you who shared your thoughts on this forum ahead of my surgery. You were incredibly helpful.

Return to “Advanced mini facelift and blepharoplasty”