Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

Advanced Mini Face Lift and Upper and Lower blepharoplasty

For patients who have had (or are considering) eyelid surgery at the same time as their Advanced Mini Facelift.
Susan Belgrave

Advanced Mini Face Lift and Upper and Lower blepharoplasty

Postby Susan Belgrave » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:58 pm

I have just had my procedure - on Saturday morning. The actual procedure went very smoothly, I had mild sedation and came back to my room with no discomfort etc. Mr Guest and the anesthetist put me at ease and you can either be deeply sedated, or lightly sedated. I was light sedated and chatted all the way through my procedure. You then come back to your room, and have lunch and chill out basically.

I hadn't thought much about following the procedure and the recovery time and how I would feel, so thought I would share my story with you.

Day 1 - straight after the procedure. Felt a bit of discomfort around my eyes, and found it difficult to sleep as you have two drains on either side, with tubes that go into two bottles. The drains are in the neck, to take away blood. You have to try and sleep in your back and elevated. I was quite strict about putting a lot of ice on my eyes, and this has had a positive effect in reducing the swelling. It is quite difficult to sleep in your room, as a loud beeping sound goes off every time a patient needs a nurse, and this goes on throughout the night.

Day 2. You have the drains removed first thing in the morning, and two sites where the drains were situated into my neck are now quite sore. My eyes are a bright purple and I look like I have gone twenty rounds with Mike Tyson in the boxing ring. My face has now started to feel very tight where I had the lift. I am on standard pain killers provided by the Hospital, and still feel a little light headed and groggy.

Day 3. Face is very tight, and hard around the sides. Eyes are still bright purple. Still quite groggy.

Apparently, the bruising and swelling will not go for about ten days past my operation regarding my eyes. If I had just had the Advanced Mini face lift, the downtime would have been much less. I am going back on Thursday to have my stitches taken out.

However, I must say, the actual procedure was straight forward. The results in my jowls (or now lack of them) and neck are great. It is too early to see how my eyes will look but so far I am very pleased with the results. If I am honest, I totally underestimated the recovery time and how I would feel in myself. It is a major operation and you need to take it easy. There isn't pain, it is more discomfort but be prepared for that and to look very bruised for about 10 days afterwards. I do have photos to share if you want to know what to expect post operation.

lois

Re: Advanced Mini Face Lift and Upper and Lower blepharoplas

Postby lois » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:48 pm

Can you please send me photos, I am booked in for an operation in April. Thank you. (ja-stott@hotmail.co.uk)
louisekelly

Postby louisekelly » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:52 pm

Susan Belgrave wrote:I have just had my procedure - on Saturday morning. The actual procedure went very smoothly, I had mild sedation and came back to my room with no discomfort etc. Mr Guest and the anesthetist put me at ease and you can either be deeply sedated, or lightly sedated. I was light sedated and chatted all the way through my procedure. You then come back to your room, and have lunch and chill out basically.

I hadn't thought much about following the procedure and the recovery time and how I would feel, so thought I would share my story with you.

Day 1 - straight after the procedure. Felt a bit of discomfort around my eyes, and found it difficult to sleep as you have two drains on either side, with tubes that go into two bottles. The drains are in the neck, to take away blood. You have to try and sleep in your back and elevated. I was quite strict about putting a lot of ice on my eyes, and this has had a positive effect in reducing the swelling. It is quite difficult to sleep in your room, as a loud beeping sound goes off every time a patient needs a nurse, and this goes on throughout the night.

Day 2. You have the drains removed first thing in the morning, and two sites where the drains were situated into my neck are now quite sore. My eyes are a bright purple and I look like I have gone twenty rounds with Mike Tyson in the boxing ring. My face has now started to feel very tight where I had the lift. I am on standard pain killers provided by the Hospital, and still feel a little light headed and groggy.

Day 3. Face is very tight, and hard around the sides. Eyes are still bright purple. Still quite groggy.

Apparently, the bruising and swelling will not go for about ten days past my operation regarding my eyes. If I had just had the Advanced Mini face lift, the downtime would have been much less. I am going back on Thursday to have my stitches taken out.

However, I must say, the actual procedure was straight forward. The results in my jowls (or now lack of them) and neck are great. It is too early to see how my eyes will look but so far I am very pleased with the results. If I am honest, I totally underestimated the recovery time and how I would feel in myself. It is a major operation and you need to take it easy. There isn't pain, it is more discomfort but be prepared for that and to look very bruised for about 10 days afterwards. I do have photos to share if you want to know what to expect post operation.
louisekelly

Postby louisekelly » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:54 pm

Could you kindly send me the before and after photos please. I would very much appreciate it. Hope you looking well now....
louisekelly

Postby louisekelly » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:55 pm

Could you kindly send me the before and after photos please. I would very much appreciate it. Hope you looking well now....
madisyn

Postby madisyn » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:00 pm

Hi
I am thinking about the AMF too. I am obsessed with my drooping jowls its all I can think about. I know I need to address it otherwise it will take over my life. Any info on success rate will be gratefully appreciated. Also rather afraid of Local anasetic.

Regards

Madisyn
bevheaton

Postby bevheaton » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:31 pm

Hi

I'm hoping to have the AMF, upper bleph and plication in the next couple of months. Please could you kindly send me your before and after pics (bev.heaton@o2.co.uk).

Did the AMF help to define your cheek bones too? Looking at pictures of myself over the last few years, it seems that my upper cheeks have dropped slightly. In addition to the jowls, can you see any improvement, albeit maybe slighty, higher up the face?

Regards

Beverley
popsicle

Postby popsicle » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:28 pm

Hi Susan

I would love to see you before and after pics, I have my consultation in June. Thanks
Jillyatno4@aol.com
Mayflower

Postby Mayflower » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:33 am

Hi,
Even though I'm very apprehensive, I'm going to have this done in the next few months and would love to see your before and after results if I may.
getmehereuk@gmail.com
terry

Postby terry » Tue May 27, 2014 1:42 pm

Thank you for a comprehensive summary of the few days post op. I would really like to see your photos now if its not too dificult. I have consultation appointment in July. Many thanks

Return to “Advanced mini facelift and blepharoplasty”