Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

Day1 and 2

For patients who have had (or are considering) eyelid surgery at the same time as their Advanced Mini Facelift.
frances

Day1 and 2

Postby frances » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:06 pm

I live in Kent and my sister lives near Trowbridge in Wiltshire which is about an hours drive to Bristol, so her home will be mine for two weeks. On Friday 4th October I drove down to my sisters ready for my big day on the 5th .

(Day 1)

I arrived at The Spire at 7 45 am and was taken to my room straight away which was very nice and comfortable. My weight , height ,blood pressure and temperature were checked before changing into a gown and socks ready for theatre. Dr Sasada the anaesthetist and Mr Guest then came and explained the procedure and assured me all would be fine. Shortly after a nurse walked me to theatre. Within minutes of lying on the bed the sedation worked its magic, I can honestly say I didn't feel a thing, I only heard voices just before coming round. I was then taken back to my room where the nurses continued to keep an eye on me and do all the normal checks throughout the day.Mr Guest popped in to see me again so did Dr Sasada. I had hardly any pain which truly amazed me. I expected so much more !
The food at the hospital is excellent, I had soup and a tuna/mayo sandwich which took me ages to eat as not easy to chew.For dinner I chose fish in sauce, mash spuds and veg followed by rice pudding....yummy..

(Day 2)

Had a sleepless night, not because of pain but having to sleep upright, normally I sleep on my side. Couldn't have anything to eat or drink until the drains were taken out, then had to wait another hour. In the meantime Mr Guest came to check on me. Once I'd had breakfast I had a shower which was lovely and they do provide the little complementary bottles of shampoo etc so you don't need to bring any with you.
All the nursing staff and doctors are brilliant and so kind. I would recommend The Spire to anyone. As for Mr Guest he's lovely.
My sister picked me up at midday. Not a jowl in sight but battered and bruised especially around the eyes, looked like I'd been in a boxing ring....hey it was my choice ,,,,,,,,. Just hope the end results are worth it,,,,,!

I will let you know.......

Return to “Advanced mini facelift and blepharoplasty”