Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

upper eye scarring

For patients who have had (or are considering) eyelid surgery at the same time as their Advanced Mini Facelift.
tez

upper eye scarring

Postby tez » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:57 am

Hi again!

It's now been just over 7 weeks since my AMF and upper and lower bleph.

The AMF scars just under/on the hairline are still pink so not wearing hair up yet especially as the behind ear ones are still noticeably red and lumpy. Nothing bad, just obvious if anyone's looking!
The hair that got tangled in (and removed with) the stitches is now growing back - sticks out a bit but as I'm wearing my hair down is really not noticeable. Such a joy to dye my hair - finally! - which makes a big difference!
The face isn't as beautifully lifted as it first was - had so hoped that would be the final result but as the swelling went down it did sink back a bit. So chin isn't as chiseled as at first. But I did ask for a subtle effect!

The part I was most happy about was losing the feeling of flesh either side of my mouth. This is hard to explain but if I pull my skin sideways either side of my mouth, just a little, I have this feeling of freedom of speech (easier and Much more pleasurable to talk)- I guess losing some of that lower skin means there's less flab to get in the way and I really wasn't someone with much extra face flesh - oh dear, I'm not putting this well atAll!! And that was the Best bit of having a facelift. For the first time in Ages, I really wanted to chat lots and be more sociable because it Felt so good!! ... Ah the downfall of loving feelings! How I wish that had stayed. Sadly it hasn't and I'm back sensing some of that extra flesh again. Well I guess I'd better put on those big girls panties and woman up over all this!!

My advice would be to not ask for too subtle. And relish in that fab honeymoon time of face of dreams ...but know it will slip somewhat. I now wish I'd had a little more off. A friend, who will now Always have a place in my heart, on seeing me just over 2 weeks after surgery said I looked easily in my 40s ..... and I'm over 60!!....I've not asked her again as I do want to keep that memory!
Have no fear - Mr Guest does a great AMF and I'd recommend him.

My biggest concern is for the scarring on my upper eyelids...raised, bumpy and lumpy and still red. I haven't yet found a concealer that covers - and because they're raised, eye shadow accentuates the problem so I don't know how to deal with this. It's ok in general day to day but is noticeable when my eyes are half closed, looking down, reading and in any intimate situations. Also the left under eye socket is slightly more sunk than the right - I know I wasn't looking for perfection or total symmetry but hopefully this will 'flesh' up a little in time. Some of you seem to have sorted this with make-up so any advice would be welcome! (Again the BGPs come to mind)

I also would probably recommend having dermaroller with the procedure if you're going through ME. My left undereye is still rather more crepy than the right and I think dermaroller may help (or 'fraxal? therapy which I think is laser treatment but with a week's downtime!).
Dr Sasada is no longer doing dermaroller in his clinic.

So be aware that lower bleph doesn't necessarily address all under eye issues and the scarring may well take time to fade on both upper and lower. Losing some upper skin (the hooded effect!) will give your eyes more shape, and they may well look more open but ... the recovery time may be longer...adjusting to your new eye look may also take a while...but this is just my experience. Also, it took a while before my eyes were moving easily, without some pulling around the upper eye socket....and I do use thick eye drops daily in left eye now.
I also have some odd skin discolourations under the eye close to the nose - these I imagine will settle down and I can cover with make-up. The undereye scarring is faint but slightly pink, I balance this with eyeliner.

I think patience is important!!

I did have rather bad shooting pains on the left side of my head starting 6 days after surgery for over a week. The whole left side of my head was sensitive to touch. Mr Guest said it was not caused by the surgery but my doctor and dentist couldn't see any clear problem either - perhaps a mild ear infection, perhaps a tooth problem (but no definite 'ah that's what's causing that') but the pain was centred around the top left stitch running down to my ear and either throbbed or ached. Luckily I still had some of the 30mg codeine phosphate from surgery so I was on 2 of those + 2 paracetamol x 3 daily for most of a week - thank heavens for senacot!
I would seriously recommend getting as far as poss a clean bill of health from doc and dentist before surgery as it is important to be as well as you can be for the best recovery.

I'm seeing Mr Guest next week for my 8 week check.

I shall post later in the year.

Good luck to all of you thinking of going for it. I am glad I finally got round to it even though the recovery is taking longer and more visible than I expected.

x Tez

holty680

Re: upper eye scarring

Postby holty680 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:30 am

Hi Tez
I have been following your posts.I am so pleased your recovering well.I have read that we must have patience on other posts.I am booked to have my surgery in November.I am having the AMF and lower eyes.Take care.
Linda
bets

Postby bets » Mon May 13, 2013 3:45 pm

tez wrote:Hi again!

It's now been just over 7 weeks since my AMF and upper and lower bleph.

The AMF scars just under/on the hairline are still pink so not wearing hair up yet especially as the behind ear ones are still noticeably red and lumpy. Nothing bad, just obvious if anyone's looking!
The hair that got tangled in (and removed with) the stitches is now growing back - sticks out a bit but as I'm wearing my hair down is really not noticeable. Such a joy to dye my hair - finally! - which makes a big difference!
The face isn't as beautifully lifted as it first was - had so hoped that would be the final result but as the swelling went down it did sink back a bit. So chin isn't as chiseled as at first. But I did ask for a subtle effect!

The part I was most happy about was losing the feeling of flesh either side of my mouth. This is hard to explain but if I pull my skin sideways either side of my mouth, just a little, I have this feeling of freedom of speech (easier and Much more pleasurable to talk)- I guess losing some of that lower skin means there's less flab to get in the way and I really wasn't someone with much extra face flesh - oh dear, I'm not putting this well atAll!! And that was the Best bit of having a facelift. For the first time in Ages, I really wanted to chat lots and be more sociable because it Felt so good!! ... Ah the downfall of loving feelings! How I wish that had stayed. Sadly it hasn't and I'm back sensing some of that extra flesh again. Well I guess I'd better put on those big girls panties and woman up over all this!!

My advice would be to not ask for too subtle. And relish in that fab honeymoon time of face of dreams ...but know it will slip somewhat. I now wish I'd had a little more off. A friend, who will now Always have a place in my heart, on seeing me just over 2 weeks after surgery said I looked easily in my 40s ..... and I'm over 60!!....I've not asked her again as I do want to keep that memory!
Have no fear - Mr Guest does a great AMF and I'd recommend him.

My biggest concern is for the scarring on my upper eyelids...raised, bumpy and lumpy and still red. I haven't yet found a concealer that covers - and because they're raised, eye shadow accentuates the problem so I don't know how to deal with this. It's ok in general day to day but is noticeable when my eyes are half closed, looking down, reading and in any intimate situations. Also the left under eye socket is slightly more sunk than the right - I know I wasn't looking for perfection or total symmetry but hopefully this will 'flesh' up a little in time. Some of you seem to have sorted this with make-up so any advice would be welcome! (Again the BGPs come to mind)

I also would probably recommend having dermaroller with the procedure if you're going through ME. My left undereye is still rather more crepy than the right and I think dermaroller may help (or 'fraxal? therapy which I think is laser treatment but with a week's downtime!).
Dr Sasada is no longer doing dermaroller in his clinic.

So be aware that lower bleph doesn't necessarily address all under eye issues and the scarring may well take time to fade on both upper and lower. Losing some upper skin (the hooded effect!) will give your eyes more shape, and they may well look more open but ... the recovery time may be longer...adjusting to your new eye look may also take a while...but this is just my experience. Also, it took a while before my eyes were moving easily, without some pulling around the upper eye socket....and I do use thick eye drops daily in left eye now.
I also have some odd skin discolourations under the eye close to the nose - these I imagine will settle down and I can cover with make-up. The undereye scarring is faint but slightly pink, I balance this with eyeliner.

I think patience is important!!

I did have rather bad shooting pains on the left side of my head starting 6 days after surgery for over a week. The whole left side of my head was sensitive to touch. Mr Guest said it was not caused by the surgery but my doctor and dentist couldn't see any clear problem either - perhaps a mild ear infection, perhaps a tooth problem (but no definite 'ah that's what's causing that') but the pain was centred around the top left stitch running down to my ear and either throbbed or ached. Luckily I still had some of the 30mg codeine phosphate from surgery so I was on 2 of those + 2 paracetamol x 3 daily for most of a week - thank heavens for senacot!
I would seriously recommend getting as far as poss a clean bill of health from doc and dentist before surgery as it is important to be as well as you can be for the best recovery.

I'm seeing Mr Guest next week for my 8 week check.

I shall post later in the year.

Good luck to all of you thinking of going for it. I am glad I finally got round to it even though the recovery is taking longer and more visible than I expected.

x Tez

Tez, I am booked to have an AMF and upper Blepharoplasty and I am concerned about the eye scarring. I am very fair and don't heal well. I have booked out 2 weeks after the surgery and am wondering if this is enough? How are you doing?

B
CatherineYunder

Postby CatherineYunder » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:09 am

Is it really safe to go for surgery? I am usually never in favor of surgery as it sometimes to have ill effects too.

Return to “Advanced mini facelift and blepharoplasty”