Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

upper eye scars

For patients who have had (or are considering) eyelid surgery at the same time as their Advanced Mini Facelift.
tez

upper eye scars

Postby tez » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:17 am

I'm wondering if any of you have any advice for upper eye scars. I had upper and lower bleph along with AMF just over 3 weeks ago and even tho the scars on my face are hardly visible, the scars on both lids are still red and raised and uneven. I imagine there is still some settling to go yet as my eyes don't look quite right. When my eyes are open the lines are hardly visible and give a sort of shadow effect, so only showing when half open (reading or glancing and looking down) or closed. Eye cream, concealer or shadow, don't hide it so I feel ever so slightly nervous about being out and not keeping my eyes open - perhaps I shouldn't be so vain!....but that's what got me here in the first place!
The lower lid scarring is hardly noticeable but slightly uneven and I can sort of manage to balance that with carefully applied faint liner but I was expecting eyes-wise to be looking ok by now.

I also have what I think Mr Guest called an odema under the outer left eye - a lumpy swelling that he said will go and to massage it outwards. Perhaps that is also going to take longer to shift.

I am trying bio-oil but any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

SheilaDaila

Re: upper eye scars

Postby SheilaDaila » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:30 pm

In such case, I guess you should use oxygen skincare cream as they are highly effective without any of their ill effects.
specialtjn

Re: upper eye scars

Postby specialtjn » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:30 pm

tez wrote:I'm wondering if any of you have any advice for upper eye scars. I had upper and lower bleph along with AMF just over 3 weeks ago and even tho the scars on my face are hardly visible, the scars on both lids are still red and raised and uneven. I imagine there is still some settling to go yet as my eyes don't look quite right. When my eyes are open the lines are hardly visible and give a sort of shadow effect, so only showing when half open (reading or glancing and looking down) or closed. Eye cream, concealer or shadow, don't hide it so I feel ever so slightly nervous about being out and not keeping my eyes open - perhaps I shouldn't be so vain!....but that's what got me here in the first place!
The lower lid scarring is hardly noticeable but slightly uneven and I can sort of manage to balance that with carefully applied faint liner but I was expecting eyes-wise to be looking ok by now.

I also have what I think Mr Guest called an odema under the outer left eye - a lumpy swelling that he said will go and to massage it outwards. Perhaps that is also going to take longer to shift.

I am trying bio-oil but any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I had upper eyes done 4 years ago.. Now considering an AMF.. I had an odema under one eye and noticeable scarring at the same stage as you..but a few weeks on you would never know.. Now I can't see any marks at all!!

Return to “Advanced mini facelift and blepharoplasty”