Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

Scarring and wearing hair up

For patients who have had (or are considering) eyelid surgery at the same time as their Advanced Mini Facelift.
tez

Scarring and wearing hair up

Postby tez » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:03 pm

HI.
Had to postpone my surgery til late Jan..and of course this gives me more time to think.
From what I've been reading, the scarring can be such an issue that not many of you wear your hair up after surgery. Obviously I'd be expecting a month minimum and realistically 6 weeks but for me that's a long time as I wear my hair up most days...it suits me and my hair is so flyaway and fine that it doesn't look great down except on wash day, maybe, with luck and a lot of fussing. I'll accept the 6 weeks as fair enough, but past that....!!!

And the behind the ear large scar/lump, how do you disguise that as on me it will show for sure.

I have found one hat that I can pull down over my ears, so that will help for a while - and it's winter so entirely justified!

I know some of you say the price you pay for a younger look - not being able to wear your hair up - is worth it. In my case, I don't think I can agree with that. The photos Mr Guest showed me seemed to show very faint scarring on the side of the face, so much so that I couldn't really see it, but the photos were small, and I didn't see any behind the ears shots.

Please do respond if you have any thoughts, especially if you either find hair up works well post surgery for you or if you used to wear it up and find the scarring is too much for this to work.

Thanks for reading

Oh...and wishing all who read this, a Lovely Festive time - and on that score, Phew am I glad the op had to be postponed!!

Best Wishes

Tina

Re: Scarring and wearing hair up

Postby Tina » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:59 pm

I don't wear my hair up, but can tell you that I have almost no scarring at all, and would be happy to put my hair up if it was long enough.
tez

Re: Scarring and wearing hair up

Postby tez » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:30 pm

Thanks Tina.
Response much appreciated
It's the day before - so rather nervous, to say the least!

Return to “Advanced mini facelift and blepharoplasty”