Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

My AMF. Upper eyelids and neck surgery

For patients who have had (or are considering) eyelid surgery at the same time as their Advanced Mini Facelift.
lesleyj

My AMF. Upper eyelids and neck surgery

Postby lesleyj » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:46 pm

I had my surgery on 14 April 2012. 48 hrs later and I'm swollen and not feeling great by any stretch of the imagination! I found the surgery itself fine. I was under sedation but the time flew by and I wasn't really aware of much. There was no pain or discomfort. After surgery I was in bed, propped up and tightly bandaged with drains on either side of my neck. Everyone involved, from Mr Guest, Dr. Sasada and nursing staff are wonderful and cannot do enough for you.

After spending the night in hospital I was allowed home and my friend drove down from Nottingham to collect me. I have to admit that I personally, didn't have a comfortable night as I was desperate to lie down but it's not allowed. Also, I was hungry but trying to eat was extremely uncomfortable. Just trying to get food in my mouth was very difficult and painful. 48 hrs later and eating us still quite difficult. I'm just chilling out on the sofa and trying to rest as much as possible. Although I'm not entirely comfortable, I'm pleased I had it done and even through the swelling I can see a tighter, younger looking face. I will continue to post throughout my recovery in the hope that any of you contemplating this surgery can make an informed decision based on your own research and the post op accounts on this forum. Obviously recovery rates and experiences vary from person to person so the more accounts the better.

Bye for now and will post again in a couple of days.

lesleyj

Re: My AMF. Upper eyelids and neck surgery

Postby lesleyj » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:42 pm

7 days after surgery. Well my local dr wouldn't remove upper eyelid stitches as she felt there wasn't sufficient healing on the right eye so have been advised by mr guest to wait until next weds and they will be removed along with all the rest. I am still bruised and still suffering quite bad pain along my jawline which is very lumpy. Things did improve slowly but the pain suddenly returned yesterday and I've had to start taking painkillers again. I am looking forward to seeing me guest next week so he can have a look.

We, obviously, all have varying experiences of surgery and I can only speak for myself but it has been more painful and uncomfortable than I anticipated. I am still glad I had it done but look forward to the stitches being removed and getting back to normal. I shall keep you informed.
lesleyj

Postby lesleyj » Sat May 05, 2012 9:56 am

Well it's 3 weeks today since I had my surgery and I thought I'd post an update on my progress. I had my stitches removed last week which was painless and a great relief. I am a little disappointed as nobody has noticed any difference in my face at all!! I haven't even had a 'you look well' comment. I can tell but only if I look at the before pics but there hasn't been any dramatic difference but it is a mini facelift. My neck is tighter but my eyelids aren't quite right yet and my right eyelid isn't quite the same as the left. Mr. Guest said everything will be fine and I have to return in 6 weeks to see him so if I'm still not happy I shall raise the matter with him but I still have every confidence in him - it is only 3 weeks after all. One thing I have noticed is that although I just had a little extra skin removed from my upper eyelids it has actually made my eyes sore. I have had a few comments along the lines of 'what's wrong with your eyes?' and I wasn't expecting that. They feel very dry and quite sore. I have to keep putting drops in. Hopefully this will right itself over the next few weeks and I shall post a final time after I have seen Mr. Guest in June.
bets

Postby bets » Mon May 13, 2013 4:15 pm

Hi Lesley,

How are you feeling now, I plan to have the same surgery (although probably not the neck) and am concerned about the eyes being sore. I had my eyes lasered 11 years ago and went through extreme discomfort due to "dry eye". I have been advised my Mr Guests secretary that I won't experience this with upper eyelid surgery.

Your comments would be most appreciated.

Betty

Return to “Advanced mini facelift and blepharoplasty”