Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

lower eyelids

For patients who have had (or are considering) eyelid surgery at the same time as their Advanced Mini Facelift.
Tina

lower eyelids

Postby Tina » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:58 pm

Three weeks after amf and lower eyelid surgery.

I am posting my main comments on the amf page, but just wanted to say something about the blepharoplasty on my lower eyelids. The removal of under eye bags has been brilliant, and the scars are amazing: they have been pretty well undetectable from the outset, and indeed they are more like a very fine line of dark eyeliner rather than red. I used to put eyeliner under my lashes (as a contact lens wearer mascara tends to be uncomfortable) but no longer really need to. However my one worry has been drooping of the eyelids, this stopped quite early under one eye but is still present (though improved) under the other. Mr Guest has suggested I massage the lid and assures me that the droop will go away, so I can only trust that he is right. It has improved but not gone away.

Anyone else had this experience?

silvie

Re: lower eyelids

Postby silvie » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:22 am

I had a bleeding problem immediately after my op last October. Mr Guest managed to stop the bleeding but I was left with a very droopy lower eyelid. I was assured that it would right itself which eventually did after several months. It was a very distressing time because despite Mr Guest's optimism I could not quite believe it would get better. I did a lot of research on ectropions and tried everything suggested including massage, hot and cold compresses and taping the lid up at night. I'm not sure if any of this had any effect apart from making me feel I was doing something.

I don't know how bad your eyelid droop is but I can understand your anxiety. I wasn't able to go out as I felt it looked to obvious. However with time it did return to normal, although the droopy side seems slightly baggier than the other ( maybe due to all the massaging, taping and fiddling about I did!)

Good luck, it will all be fine.
Tina

Postby Tina » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:19 pm

Thank you so much for replying, Sylvie. It sounds like your experience was much worse than mine so if your eyelid is better now that's very encouraging. I think I'd have liked to be warned in advance of possible complications, even if temporary - I would have found that reassuring rather than worrying. But I can imagine they don't want to scare people unnecessarily if everything usually goes smoothly.
silvie

Postby silvie » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:07 pm

I think my eyelid droop was due to the bleed ( a serious complication in itself!) rather than anything else and it did look pretty bad. I think it' fair to say I was beside myself with anxiety. I also felt guilty about doing this to myself, I thought what had happened to me was payback for my vanity.

However everything returned to normal just as Mr Guest said it would. It could have been so much worse and I am very grateful to have come through it all in one piece and looking fresher and less tired than I did before. Of course now that my eye is OK I have time to worry about the unsightly scars behind my ears. Are we women ever happy?
Tina

Postby Tina » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:38 am

Update: just to say that my lower eyelids continued to improve and that now, 8 weeks after the surgery, they are absolutely fine. Indeed, I'm delighted with the whole thing.

Return to “Advanced mini facelift and blepharoplasty”