Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

2 days after surgery

For patients who have had (or are considering) eyelid surgery at the same time as their Advanced Mini Facelift.
sandiesj

2 days after surgery

Postby sandiesj » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:38 pm

Well here I am back online 48 hours after my surgery. How did it go? Well, in a word,great.After seeing the lovely Mr Guest Saturday morning before going to theatre, we decided not to go ahead with the brow lift as he did not think I needed it. I could not have been in better hands, both Mr Guest and Dr Sasada were so gentle and reassuring and all the nursing staff were absolutely wonderful. I can honestly say I did not feel a thing and was only aware of Sue holding my hand throughout. I was brought back to my room and only realised then that 2 1/2 hours had passed! I also had no post operative pain, a little mild discomfort maybe, but the nurses were very attentive and made sure I was comfortable at all times. I ate everything I was given with no difficulty and came home yesterday with two black eyes and some swelling but no pain. I cannot speak highly enough of all the staff and the hospital facilities they were superb. Of course Mr Guest is my hero, my jowels have disappeared! I still have swelling so it's early days yet but I'm confident of a spectacular result. Dr. Sasada is a genius anaethestist and a very nice man too, both he and Mr Guest visited me in my room several times after my op to make sure all was ok.
Sooo, so far so good. If anybody would like to ask me anything or to see some pics. I will gladly e mail them to you. I'm unable to upload them here for some reason. I'll be back online after Wednesday when I have the first of my stitches out. Sandra.

sophie

Re: 2 days after surgery

Postby sophie » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:28 pm

Hi Sandra - I'm about to have a similar procedure done in Edinburgh and would love to know how you feel 6 months after your op. Is the result all you hoped it would be? Sophie
sandiesj

Re: 2 days after surgery

Postby sandiesj » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:29 pm

Hello Sophie, so sorry but have been away on holiday so did not see your post.
Well, 6 months on and I guess that it's very true that we all have short memories and very soon get used to our 'new look'. It is for this reason that it's so important to take as many before pics as you can. I have a whole series on my computer, so when I'm having a bad face day, I just log on and am reminded of what a bad face day really is! In a word, yes, I'm so happy with my face 6 months on. Yes, I do still have times when I look in the mirror and think 'oh my God my face is drooping all over the place'. No, I don't look 30 years old (I'm 58) and yes there are still things I'd like done (being a little botoxed soon), actually wish I'd gotten my neck/chin done at same time but it's not too bad. Having said all this, my mini lift was the best thing Ive ever done for myself. Yes, I love it! Don't know if you've had yours done yet, if not I wish you lots of luck and just know that you won't regret it. You must not have unrealistic hopes, this is not a full face lift but hey, it's a real ego booster.

Return to “Advanced mini facelift and blepharoplasty”