Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

12 months post op disappointed

For patients who have had (or are considering) eyelid surgery at the same time as their Advanced Mini Facelift.
jab50

12 months post op disappointed

Postby jab50 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:52 pm

I had a AMF and upper eyelid surgery just over 12 months ago and initially was pleased and friends who knew I had surgery were in general agreement with me , however my jowels are now back and my left eye looks very different to my right. Friends I haven't seen since Feb 2016 are in total agreement with me !! I have no problem with the care and treatment I received at the Spire Hospital and Mr Guest was very caring and put me at complete ease, and I said for a few months afterwards while I was healing the results were satisfactory. I did expect the results to last for more than a year and could have had botox or fillers and achieved the same results for a lot less money I think what i am trying to say is surgery obviously doesn't work well for everyone and you don alwayst get the results you expect , if I had known this and could turn the clock back I wouldn't have bothered especially as I have been left with odd looking eyes .

janey

Re: 12 months post op disappointed

Postby janey » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:51 pm

Hi , have you been back to see Mr Guest as when I had the AMF I was told it should last about 5 years, and its especially worrying if you are not happy with your eyes, I really hope this is something he can put right for you good luck let me know how you get on regards janey
lib89

Postby lib89 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:27 am

I was interested to read your post, I am also disappointed post op for very similar reasons.

I had a mini face lift and upper blepharoplasty in October 2016 and although initially pleased with the result my jowls are now back, my eyes don't match and I have a strange lump under my left ear.

I have a photograph of me at the beginning of the year when I had just had botox and filler and look much better than now, only 4 months after my procedure.

I had expected to still need the botox but one of my reasons for having the procedure was to save time and money on the filler in my lower face.

My dilemma now is, should I ask for an appointment with Phillip Guest (I don't want another op)or do I just accept it hasn't worked and go back for more fillers.
janey

Postby janey » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:17 pm

Hi Lib89, I have had an advanced mini facelift september 2016 and also uncertain of the results,you really should go back to see philip guest as you are entitled to your money back apart from the hospital stay fee,as long as he agrees there is little improvement, I also thought this would be a cheaper option than fillers and botox and lets face it we paid out a considerable amount of money good luck please let me know how you get on,janey

Return to “Advanced mini facelift and blepharoplasty”