Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

Scar revision 15 months after AMF

Comments and discussion about the Advanced Mini Facelift.
AMFJAM

Scar revision 15 months after AMF

Postby AMFJAM » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:44 pm

Hi all. After 2 years of research and gathering courage I finally had the AMF with Mr Guest. 15 months on the result is natural and pleasing, however the scarring was visible and obvious enough to prevent me from ever wearing my hair up or going swimming. Mr Guest suggested scar revision, which he performed 17 days ago.
I understand that my case is unusual and I know there are no guarantees that there will be any improvement. Has anyone experienced successful revision ?

AMFJAM

Re: Scar revision 15 months after AMF

Postby AMFJAM » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:06 am

Thank you. I will be in touch
bert

Postby bert » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:18 am

Can you tell us your opinion?
AMFJAM

Postby AMFJAM » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:38 pm

bert wrote:Can you tell us your opinion?

Ok. I'm not sure how to approach this as I'm usually very positive and diplomatic. However, I feel I owe you an honest answer.
I must say that although I am pleased with the overall result of the subtle lift, I didn't enjoy the small neat stitches or nearly invisible scars I'd seen in pictures of other patients. I found my stitches and resulting scarring to be much less than neat.
I was so self conscious that i agreed to scar revision some 15 months later.
The revision of my prominent scars took place in a treatment room in the nurses station as a short outpatient appointment. It was a very painful experience due to the necessary numbing injections into existing scar tissue. Not for the faint hearted. I felt pretty wobbly afterwards and wasn't looking forward to trying to hide the blue stitches again until the time of their removal in two weeks.
Now several months on, the general appearance of the scars has improved although I am still very aware of them. Going through the whole process again was tiresome but worth it for the level of improvement achieved although my scars still feel tender and I'm still not convinced they are quite as neat at they could be. I must add that I took meticulous care of the wounds each time. I don't smoke or have any history of scarring or slow healing. I'm still searching for possible ways to reduce them further.
I do hope you find this informative and I apologise that's it's not the usual glowing reference. I guess the whole idea of this forum is to show all points of view. Would I do again if I knew then what I know now? Probably!
alsbaby41

Postby alsbaby41 » Thu May 05, 2016 1:28 pm

Hi can i just ask did you have to pay for the Scar revision?
AMFJAM

Postby AMFJAM » Thu May 05, 2016 1:31 pm

Hello. No, I did not have to pay for the scar revision.
Definite improvement but still not great.
alsbaby41

Postby alsbaby41 » Thu May 05, 2016 1:55 pm

Oh that's good that you didn't have to pay as that would have added insult to injury if you were not happy with the scaring results. Other than the scaring were you happy with the end result? I am having a big problem looking in the mirror at the moment because my neck has decided to give up the ghost and go very much south on me, I am 43 but my neck looks much older. I have always had a problem ( hated) my marionette lines since in my 30's but since my neck has decided to misbehave these have taken a back seat. Would AMF help with my neck ( lines are vertical down the front ) also jaw line and marionette lines ( corners of mouth to chin) Sorry for all the questions i am just trying to get a realistic point of view from someone who has had it done.
Thanks x
AMFJAM

Postby AMFJAM » Thu May 05, 2016 4:41 pm

To be honest alsbaby, I'm not sure if the AMF would do anything for your neck. I believe that would be an additional procedure although you'd be best to ask Mr Guest.
I'm not sure at this stage if I'd recommend the procedure as it's been 2 and a half years and I'm still aware of the scars which still itch and remain raised and visible.
alsbaby41

Postby alsbaby41 » Thu May 05, 2016 5:56 pm

Thank you for your honest reply, if its not going to do much for my neck then i will have a rethink. Thanks again for answering my question. I hope you get the results you want if you have to go through it all again. Not good that you were looking for something to be fixed that you are unhappy with and had to pay a lot of money too. I really do hope you get it sorted out x
Catlover40

Postby Catlover40 » Sun May 15, 2016 9:49 am

HI. I am 11 months post op after having my full facelift and platysmal plication with Mr Guest. I had this surgery after Mr Guest advised that would be the best option as my main concern was my neck and only being 50 at the time I could see it getting worse over time. I am still not able to wear my hair up or go swimming as my scars are still too noticeable. I am considering contacting ME about scar revision as although I am pleased with my result the scar issue is getting me down. Would yuu say the scar revision was worth going through?
Thanking you in advance for your reply.

Return to “Advanced Mini Facelift”