Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

Advanced Mini Face Lift- The story!!

Comments and discussion about the Advanced Mini Facelift.
specialtjn

Advanced Mini Face Lift- The story!!

Postby specialtjn » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:16 am

Given this forum really helped me to decide to go ahead I thought I would return the favour by telling my story! It's 7.15am and I'm leaving to travel to Bristol shortly. Nervous but very excited! I'm 45 and look ok, my friends and family think I'm mad having it done but I'm still out a lot socially and feel very unhappy with my jowls!! I'm not ready to accept my fate of ageing so despite their concerns I'm having it done!! Eeeek!! I'll post later today....

specialtjn

Re: Advanced Mini Face Lift- The story!!

Postby specialtjn » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:17 pm

Part 2--- AMF
I got progressively more nervous, joking to cover my nerves!! As I got to theatre they thought I was cold I was shaking so badly!soon couldn't feel anything though with the exception of my head being moved left and right.
Now back in my room fir the last 5 mins, I had derma roller also and on my chest so that's a little sore but they gave me cream straight away;) obs being done now by Liam who is great at making you feel relaxed with his subtle humour.
No pain at all, can't move my mouth much... Maybe not a bad thing! So far so good guys!
specialtjn

Postby specialtjn » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:10 pm

So it's now 6pm, 5 hours post op. Started to have some discomfort around 4pm, not really pain but quite a dull ache around the ears... Surprisingly! The staff advised to have pain killers before it worsens so I did! I've just had my evening meal..cottage pie (following advice from others) very nice and easy to eat. Generally I feel fine just achy around the ears, good spirits, hardly any swelling. Many talk of the bandage being uncomfortable but personally I've found it quite cosy?? So far I'm happy with how I feel:) I can also see the difference but will need to wait for a few days to be realistic! Lots of photos taken which I'm happy to share!
Advice followed from others who posted!!
- bought full knickers with me!
-chose soup and yoghurt for lunch! A definite!
- took arnica a week before and still am!
-relaxed and watched tv!

My sister stayed with me for most of the afternoon which was nice! X
Post later!!
specialtjn

Postby specialtjn » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:03 am

The day after! I had a reasonable night, had to sit upright which was generally ok, there were times when the throbbing and and ache/pain bothered me but I have two large cuts on my face so shouldn't expect nothing! The staff are absolutely lovely, if anything I felt that I was an unworthy patient given it's a comes tic procedure but they certainly don't make you feel like that at all. At 8 this morning I had the tubes out.. There's no point me saying anything other than it hurts! But it's quick, it is sore after but a couple of pain killers sorted it. The bandages came off with ease, personally I didn't find having them on any problem at all. I had scrambled eggs for breakfast and yoghurt, struggled to chew the toast though.
I had the derma roller as well which is no problem at all, this morning I dont even have much redness and definitely not sore.
More posts to follow......
specialtjn

Postby specialtjn » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:58 pm

Day 3- after arriving home yesterday I did feel a little uncomfortable and couldn't really go further than the 4 hour intervals without pain relief. It's not terrible pain but uncomfortable. My face around my ears is quite swollen and a bit of bruising is developing but I keep applying arnica cream. It's now just before bedtime on day 3 and I feel relatively ok, I can't imagine going to work or any other kind if activity as others have talked of.. I definitely am having to take it slow.... Confident it was worth it though!!!!
specialtjn

Postby specialtjn » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:40 am

So guys... Day 4! Got up, showered and walked my little one to school! Made sure my hair covered my ears.. Other than that my face looks relatively normal! Very little bruising, still some swelling but I look good! I had loose skin under my chin which really bothered me...now completely gone! So happy!!!!! :))))
Rae

Postby Rae » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:44 pm

Hi specialtjn

Glad it's gone so well for you. I'm booked in to have a full face lift in a couple of weeks time and feeling very scared so it was good to read your account of it. Looking forward to more posts in the future.
Emmalouise

Postby Emmalouise » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:22 pm

Hiya Specialtjn

How are you feeling? I'm a 45 year old, like yourself, and have had the pleasure of living abroad for the past 30 years. Unfortunately, the sun and good life has taken it's toll. My friends all think I'm mad contemplating a mini face lift at my age but I KNOW it would give the the boost I need. I'm currently single and I am constantly looking in the mirror pulling my face slightly upwards thinking where sis it all go wrong!! I really enjoyed reading your experience and it has given me the courage to go ahead and get it done rather than just thinking about it! Would you be happy to show me some before and after pics? I totally understand if you don't so please don't feel pressured :) my name is Emma and my email address is elhollen@hotmail.com
Hope you're getting along nicely and that everyone is telling you how well you look!
specialtjn

Postby specialtjn » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:58 am

Hi guys... Day 7... I look and feel great!! Hardly any swelling left and I only had a bit of buzzing, my friends and family are absolutely staggered!! It's the best thing I have EVER done!!! I'll post in more detail later xx
specialtjn

Postby specialtjn » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:44 pm

Day 11- travelling to Bristol tomo to have the stitches out! Can't wait to be honest, although I'm slightly anxious that it will hurt but it will be much less notice able without the black stitching!
So what is my update!!!
Over the last couple of days I have felt a little less elated! Essentially the swelling has gone down and therefore the skin is not as tight as it was, some lines have come back! HOWEVER- another blogger mentioned the risk of this happening and suggested to look again at your before photos which is absolutely right! When you look at your 'new! face every ten minutes for a week you become attached to it! You have to be real- I'm telling myself that!
A few days ago I felt so good that I started to resume all normal activity and as a consequence my face started to throb so beware! Take time!
Did 30 mins at the gym today for the first time (light activity) feel ok so far!
TIP: if you have short hair, especially above the ear I would highly recommend growing it down in preparation for your op. I have shoulder length hair which had successfully hidden my scars/stitches - except if the wind blows! It will be much less stressful for you as you really do worry if it can be seen.
Comments from people: those who don't know have commented that I look really different but I'd just been to lanzarote so they hadn't seen me for 3 weeks. Everyone says how much better I really look!
Would I do it again- yes!! The price is good, the op is straight forward and the recovery time is great so far. Some people talk of going back to work/gym imminently - I can't see this, I'm a really fit, active person and definitely needed the last 10 days just to go slower so plan it well- you're only going to do it once- well maybe twice!!
I'll post once the stitches are out! Hope this is helpful to people.

Return to “Advanced Mini Facelift”