Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

My Advanced Mini Lift experience

Comments and discussion about the Advanced Mini Facelift.
PatriciaB

My Advanced Mini Lift experience

Postby PatriciaB » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:51 pm

I had my initial consultation with Mr Guest over a year ago. I was booked in but had to cancel and had my procedure at last, last Saturday 5th April. I remember having loads of confidence in Mr Guest when I met him at the initial consultation and this did not waiver. I stayed in a hotel with my daughter on the Friday. She was great support but I didn't sleep much, although I had great faith in Mr Guest, I was still terrified at the prospect of the surgery. I was booked in for 9am, which I think was a good thing as everything happened pretty speedily after checking in at reception. I met Mr Guest again and he explained what was going to happen. He has a fantastic approach and he put me at ease very quickly. Dr Sasada then visited me, also charming and explained the procedure for sedation and local anaesthetic. Nursing staff were in and out taking blood pressure and doing checks and every staff member was really lovely. Before I knew it, I was walking to theatre. It is a bit daunting walking in and seeing everyone gowned up but I was soon relaxed and sedated. I remember floating in and out of a dream state and before I knew it was being wheeled back to my room. The great thing about not having general anaesthetic is that you are awake and 'with it' very quickly. The bandage around my head was uncomfortable and restricting so it was difficult to open my mouth to eat. A good tip is to order soft food or yoghurt. Once the local anaesthetic started wearing off I did need pain killers. The most painful part of the whole procedure was the drainage tubes in my neck and I didn't sleep very well. The morning couldn't come fast enough for removal of the head bandage and drainage tubes. The relief of having the bandage off was unbelievable and once the drainage tubes were out - bit like being stung by a bee but its soon over, I felt so much more comfortable. I am now at the end of my 6th day post surgery. I have hardly any bruising, main bruising is in the neck where drainage tubes were, and swelling is down considerably. I look almost normal and can see that the results are going to be great. Really subtle. Stitches coming out next Wednesday. I can't believe I was in surgery a week ago.

Tess

Re: My Advanced Mini Lift experience

Postby Tess » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:53 pm

My experience was very similar to yours, it was a really easy almost pain free experience and 6 months after having had the surgery I do not regret it for one minute. I have retained the character of my face yet lost 10 years!!! I am 51 and someone last week commented that they though I was in my mid 30's.

Best thing I did was to trust Mr Guest and let him get on with his job and not do too much research into what was going to happen to me. Meant it was stress free with fab results.

Advised to go back again in 5 years time, which is exactly what I will do.

Return to “Advanced Mini Facelift”