Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

My amf 8 weeks on :-)

Comments and discussion about the Advanced Mini Facelift.
carol5ll

My amf 8 weeks on :-)

Postby carol5ll » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:39 pm

I am writing this because it was the forum that helped me make up my mind to go ahead with the op. I am 54 and have always felt reasonably attractive, but as I approached 50 I suddenly felt I had become invisible. I felt I had lost my confidence along with my face which was becoming jowly & I had quite a double chin & saggy neck. I had my consultation with Philip guest & saved for two years to be in a position to make my decision. Often when I looked in the mirror I was pulling up my face with my fingers, but it seemed selfish, vain and shallow to be contemplating surgery. Finally I made the decision to book the operation, which was in January. Other forum posts are very accurate in describing the procedure, so I won't repeat this. All went well & I couldn't remember much about the operation, but during the night of the op, bandaged up & uncomfortable,I was awake and wondering why on earth I had put a reasonably attractive face under the knife... what was I thinking. In the morning the bandages came off & I couldn't believe my eyes! I was a bit swollen but there was no bruising and it was me, but 10 years younger. after a couple of days at home, I went out & did normal things & no one noticed, but i got comments like " that colour suits you" or "you look good in that hat" or " have you been on holiday". Mr guest said the operation would do little to correct my double chin or saggy neck, but it has made quite a difference. My jowls and loose skin have gone, but the overall look is very subtle. The scarring is very minimal and is fading back nicely. A concealer with a brush helps when going out. In conclusion, I am 100% so so pleased I had the amf and would urge anyone contemplating it to go for it. I can honestly say it has changed my life for the better. I feel happy, confident and have my sparkle back.

Return to “Advanced Mini Facelift”