Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

Platysmal plication

Comments and discussion about the Advanced Mini Facelift.
Vicky

Platysmal plication

Postby Vicky » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:56 pm

Hi, I'm scheduled to have an advanced mini facelift and platysmal plication on 30th November. However, I'm having some second thoughts about the platysmal plication as i've seen the picture on the web site and some negative comments on the forum, and i'm worried what the scar will look like and how big it will be, and if the benefits will be worth it.
I would be really grateful if anyone who has had this procedure could let me know about their experience, and if they are happy with the result. Many Thanks Vicky.

Speedy2014

Re: Platysmal plication

Postby Speedy2014 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:28 pm

Hello Vicky, did you have the platysmal plication, if so how were the results and how did you get on with the recovery and scarring under the chin? I am also slightly worried about this procedure due to negative comments on the forum.
sue burge

Postby sue burge » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:01 am

Hi Speedy, had this done on Sat 18th, home today. Intend to write in depth account soon but suffice to say at this moment I am delighted!!!!!!!!!! No pain just taking paracetamol. The stiches under the chin are fine and in the natural crease so once healed will not notice at all, in fact lots of people didn't notice at first. The bruising is just coming out now and looks as if going to be reasonably extensive but not as bad as I expected and it has made such difference already, such the right decision, as I hated the top part of my neck!! I have photos but cannot up load as too many pixels ??? I can send if you want? sueburge@hotmail.com
Speedy2014

Postby Speedy2014 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:37 pm

Hello Sue, really pleased to hear it went well for you, your comments have made me feel more confident in the procedure, I think I will have it, my neck is horrible! It would be a shame to have the AMF and regret not having the PP. Did you have the AMF too? You sound very happy, all the best with the healing process and thank you very much for your reply. I'll be looking out for your posts, keep smiling.
pip

Postby pip » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:24 pm

Hello, there's not much info on the forum regarding platysmal plication. Is there anybody out there who has had this procedure? I would really appreciate any views/comments on your experience if so. Thanks.
sue burge

Postby sue burge » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:02 pm

Hi Pip, I had this done on the 18th of this month, 12 days ago. I hated the top part of my neck it was getting loose and stringy! Very pleased with result so far, still a bit lumpy and bruised but can see an improvement already. Had all sutures out yesterday and the scar is right in the natural crease so when settled down, Im sure will not be noticable at all, actually people didn't notice even when the sutures were in. I have photos if you would like to email me @ sueburge@hotmail.com. No regrets!!would definitely go for it, if Mr Guest advises.

Return to “Advanced Mini Facelift”