Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

AMF coming up

Comments and discussion about the Advanced Mini Facelift.
quercus

AMF coming up

Postby quercus » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:21 am

I am booked in for early March. Does anyone have any hints about preparation to ensure best outcome, perhaps in skin care? Also about avoiding vitamins? I will have to ask Kate about this as I do take some. Is it to avoid anything anti coagulating? Penny

tez

Re: AMF coming up

Postby tez » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:49 pm

Hi Penny

Most important is to avoid the ibuprofen and aspirin, cigarette smoke and I also cut out fish oil supplements - just coz I'd read that it's maybe a good idea.
I think face cream wise, the info I got was it's all ok but I wasn't using anything heavy duty and wasn't having dermaroller for which I think you're required to use a Vit C preparation - talk to ME about this as they can advise you well. I also wasn't taking Vit E and in fact cut down on my usual supps but upped my Cs to 2g a day.

Good luck too. You're in safe hands.

Tez
quercus

Postby quercus » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:30 pm

Hello Tez and thank you so much for your reply.

It is interesting what you say about the fish oil, as I took krill for a short while last year and quickly found I was bruising a lot and gums bleeding. The effects lasted for some time but I am now back to normal after taking a high dose vitamin k supplement. I am taking vit C as you suggested.

Do they mind if you take snacks in with you? As I don't eat wheat or sugar I am a bit difficult so tend to take nuts/ cheese or hard boiled eggs around with me in case of emergency.

I am starting to get a bit nervous, well, apprehensive. The biggest fear is not pain but something going wrong. I do feel that I am in good hands though. I have got little lines starting around the sides of my mouth where I am slightly jowly and will be so pleased to get rid of them. Mr Guest said that the lines under my eyes will not be improved at all which did disappoint me but at least I know not to expect improvement there. I don't mind the smile lines but I have vertical 'sleep' lines that I am conscious of.

Thanks again, I read your whole experience and it is reassuring knowing what to expect. I hope you are still happy with your outcome.

Penny
tez

Postby tez » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:57 pm

Hi Penny

Yes, so far as I know it's fine to take stuff in. How about phoning the hospital and checking their dietary suggestions as they may be able to cater for you - or at least suggest what you may need to bring in. I had porridge with soya and scrambled egg!! (no not together)
Getting stuff into your mouth can be a challenge and you may not want to chew too much but I did manage biscuits at midnight!! I was very glad I'd taken in a coconut water drink just to ring the changes.

Make sure you're as well as you can be beforehand. Get teeth checked if necessary and try not to worry - although it is to be expected as it is a journey into the unknown - I mean it's not something we do every day is it!

All the best - and if in doubt, email Mr Guest

Tez
quercus

Postby quercus » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:48 pm

Hello Tez,

What a good idea to phone the hospital about the diet. I will do that. Also I must find one of those pillows that prop you up as I am a dreadful restless sleeper. I just wrote the cheque today and realised how close it's getting. I am wondering if they will notice anything at work afterwards, I intend to lay low for a couple of weeks before showing my face.

Thanks for the support, you have been great!
Penny x
Rowney

Postby Rowney » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:40 pm

hello Tez

I had my amf just over two weeks ago. my face was a little tight at first and I found it difficult to turn my head quickly for a couple of days but this eased off and I went to my local pub on the Sunday afternoon following my Wednesday procedure. my hair is long and it covered everything, I just wore a woolly hat on the journey cos it was a bit windy out. I had no visible bruising (had been taking arnica orally). I knew loads of people there and no one noticed anything unusual about me. The only person who knew what I'd been up to told me I looked lovely! Like you I thought I would have to hide away but you won't have to at all. Just take things easy and don't like me attempt to do any gardening which i did 2 weeks post op... my face hated it!
Rowney

Postby Rowney » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:42 pm

Oops sorry above message was for Penny
quercus

Postby quercus » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:42 pm

Hi Rowney

It amazes me that you can appear so normal to friends so soon after the op. I have one of those fur headband things that pulls down over my ears so will probably use that. It's a shame people don't wear scarves over their heads any more.
I guess the gardening problem was to do with bending over and circulation. My job entails a lot of bending so I will have to watch it. What happened, did you get swelling?
I will use arnica 30 and probably other homeopathic stuff for healing.
How is it looking for you now, are you happy?

Penny x
Rowney

Postby Rowney » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:18 pm

Hello Sorry I've not replied sooner I expect you've had your AMF now. I'm healing very well, still have numb sides to face but this is slowly improving. Lumpiness is going, scars are thin, neat and well hidden in hair but are a bit pink still obviously. I wear my hair in plaits over my ears, or with a woolly hat when its down and i'm out in the wind. Or i wear it up loosely and pull bits of hair out to flop about in front of and behind my ears to hide the evidence! Seems to fool em.

Initially my face looked fantastic because it was so tight i'm only 45 and had some early jowling which i wanted sorting. Over the 2 weeks following surgery it relaxed into a more subtle finish. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed at first cos I had looked so young when my face was tight. But I knew from reading other people's comments, especially about taking before and after photos, that this was going to happen. Anyway, the upshot is I do look younger. My jaw is firmer and my neck is lifted and tighter. I was at the pub 2 weeks after my surgery when my face had relaxed and a young man who i know was heard to say... 'What's happened to her? She's looking really HOT these days'! So it must have worked.

As for Mr Guest I never doubted his skill. After looking at his CV what he doesn't know about facial surgery probably isn't worth knowing.

When I did the gardening I was pulling a tough root out. Face went hot and weird. Didn't feel too well actually so i took it easy. Also have not started running again yet but that's mainly cos i've had a really bad flu type bug for the past 10 days. I feel like I could go running again now and my face would be ok I'll give it a go anyway..

Return to “Advanced Mini Facelift”