Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

My AMF, tips and results, 5, 10 & 28 days later!

Comments and discussion about the Advanced Mini Facelift.
Sally250

My AMF, tips and results, 5, 10 & 28 days later!

Postby Sally250 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:52 pm

Day 5 - It is the Wednesday after my AMF which I had on Saturday morning. After a few days of rest it is all looking good – I have my chin back from the clutches of jowls, and although I have a little swelling each side of the face, it looks like I am the owner of cheekbones again! It has settled down from the first couple of days, and doesn’t look in any way stretched – just what I wanted. I was hoping for a subtle effect and this is what I have – marvellous.

My experience was a good one as much as this type of procedure can be! I was taken straight to my room, which was pleasant, en suite with shampoo, body wash & towels provided. After the nurse booked me in, Mr Guest came along and we discussed what would happen, and he marked my face with a pen. Any final questions he answered at this stage. I had complete confidence in him after all the research I had done, and the forum entries I had read so didn’t feel nervous. Dr Sasada came in shortly afterwards and talked me through the anaesthetic process and it wasn’t long after this that I was taken to theatre by a nurse. At this stage I was wearing the hospital gown and attractive surgical socks (both provided), but I recommend bringing some slippers or you would be walking along in your shoes… I did feel slightly alarmed at the sight of the operating theatre, but was whisked in very quickly, and was under the anaesthetic before you know it. I didn’t feel a thing, and remember nothing, just being wheeled back to my room by a chatty nurse who made sure I was back with the world before I was tucked up in bed. I had sneaky peek on my iphone before snoozing – I had a large bandage in the style of Sister Bernadette, but could tell that I wasn’t strangely stretched – and my lower face was looking good.

After I had got up for the loo, with help from a nurse, they brought in a cup of tea and lunch – I had chosen soup and a sandwich as per forum advice. Good advice, as the compression bandage makes it hard to open your mouth. The soup was delicious, and I had to break the sandwich into little pieces to get it in, but all OK. For the next day, pick what you fancy for breakfast as by then your bandage will be off.

Saturday early evening I have to admit I had one big headache – I don’t have a high pain threshold – so took painkillers but I am not brilliant with codeine and the paracetamol didn’t quite make it go away. I think the compression bandage has the effect of a tight hairband – if you know how painful that can be? However, at night I plumped for the codeine and slept reasonably well, considering that you sleep with head elevated (to reduce the swelling). In the evening I was given an intravenous bag of something as I was bleeding a little bit into my drainage tubes. The liquid made me nauseous, but that passed quickly and the bleeding stopped.

The next day the drainage tubes were removed – I got the nurse to talk me through it so I could breath deeply as she took them out. Ouch! But over in a flash. The bandage was removed which was a relief! Shortly after this Mr Guest paid a visit to check all was OK – when he left that was the cue for the welcome cuppa and breakfast. Dr Sasada also popped by – what a great team these two are, along with their lovely nurses. All reiterated the need for plenty of rest after the operation. Breakfast over I took a careful shower and washed my hair – the nurse lent me a hairdryer. When I was picked up, I looked fairly normal – my husband had been expecting the mummy returns, so was pleasantly surprised!

Once home I have been resting, and have taken painkillers as advised. I have carefully showered each morning, patting the stitches dry with a soft towel & have applied the anti-bacterial cream. I have washed the stitches another two times each day with a bit of damp cotton wool, and have reapplied the cream. I hope this will be enough to keep everything happy, but it looks OK – all a bit red, but its early days!

A couple of tips – if you have a dressing gown with two large pockets you can pop the drainage tube bottles in the pockets when you go to the loo, rather than juggling with them. And wear a pair of pants with a bit of coverage – as the gown is open at the back there is always a danger of flashing your draws!

It will be a week today that my stitches are all taken out – so I will report back and also let you know what it all looks like a month from now.

tez

Re: My AMF, tips and results, 5, 10 & 28 days later!

Postby tez » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:49 pm

Hi Sally

Thanks for posting. sounds as if it went well and really glad to read the tips - how big is big - as in pockets? My dressing gown has pockets but not huge. And pants - mmmn, I think my no VPL will have to do but good suggestion!
And also about the drain removal - I'm now warned - and so will the nurse be before she removes it! I shall try to breathe deeply (and hope to keep That as my focus!!)

Mine is tomorrow. going for the big three - AMF, upper and lower bleph.....and I'm feeling quite nervous, to say the least. Woke up in the middle of the night with worry. Well, it is a bit scary to be slicing away at a not too bad looking face. I just keep reminding myself that I Really Do want to lose those growing jowls and eye bags..and have heard good reports re Mr Guest...so just need to keep my mind occupied in the meantime!

How is your recovery coming on? I shall take photos I think, to give myself something to do over this next week (well, That's not going to take up much time...is it!!) Not much looking forward to being out of action for a week....then again it's a great excuse to do very little and watch telly and read - if my eyes are up to it. Stocked up with soup and yoghourt and sensible food...and some chocolate.

Off to do a spot of vacuuming.

All the best for your recovery and emerging of beautiful new you.
Sally250

Postby Sally250 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:07 pm

Hi Tez

Don't be worried! You are in safe hands. The drainage bottles are probably like small mineral water bottles (they are much too big really for the purpose!). I am doing well, looking forward to getting the stitches removed as then I can start sleeping on my side again. My daughter & husband (my only confidants on the procedure) both say I look great - and I am confident that no one will think I have had anything 'done'. But I can see it. At the moment I think I look like I did about 10 years ago - I know that it will relax more over the next month - but I hope its not too much as I like the way it looks just now.

I wish you all the best, just focus on how great you will look once its done!
24stelmo

Postby 24stelmo » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:13 pm

Hi Sally
I am so glad it went so well. Thank you for posting this information, it's great to hear about your experience. The tips are really useful. Did you have much bruising? And if you work, how long afterwards will it be before you return? also did you have a neck-lift? Sorry to bombard with questions!
Sally250

Postby Sally250 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:32 pm

Hi there 24stelmo

I was lucky in not having much bruising at all, just a little round the neck where the drains were inserted, but easy to cover with a scarf. Once I left hospital I did swell a little, but that subsided quite quickly. I looked very presentable almost immediately, but would still advise resting - I work from an office at home and did go back and do some work on about day 5 - I got a bit involved with something and suddenly felt my stitches throbbing - they were quite red and I just didn't feel right, so I sent myself back to the sofa and some daytime TV with my head resting and pretty soon I felt fine again. I would give yourself a good week off. I only had the AMF done, so you may need more time with the neck lift.

I had the stitches removed this week, and I think I was unduly worried that it would hurt. Apart from one which made my eyes water, it was fine. The nurse got me chatting and it all happened very quickly. I have numbness at the side of my cheeks, which is apparently normal and will fade. So now I will be massaging with Bio Oil and getting completely back to normal! The scars behind the ears are quite lumpy, but well tucked away - you have to pull my ears back to see them so I don't think they will be a problem, and the advice is to massage regularly in circular movements with the bio oil.

I Hope that this info helps and good luck with your procedure!

Sal
24stelmo

Postby 24stelmo » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:48 pm

Hi Sally
That is helpful thank you. Good advice, I will take two weeks off work and I think I'll stay in Bristol for the first 5 days as some others have done and mentioned in their blog. Now you have had the stitches removed, are the new scars in your hairline noticeable? It is reassuring reading your blog. Thanks.
Sally250

Postby Sally250 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:52 am

Hi

The hairline scars are within the hair, although they are red at the moment so can be seen. I think they will not be visible once properly healed. I will keep you posted.

S
24stelmo

Postby 24stelmo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:18 am

That's good. Thanks.
Rowney

Postby Rowney » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:22 pm

Hello I read your posts before I went in and found it very reassuring. Have just arrived home after having the amf yesterday morning and I feel very happy. I wasn't nervous until I entered the operating theatre but everyone was so happy and friendly a really good vibe in the place. When the canulla went into the back of my hand I hardly felt a thing and the sedative is wonderful. During the procedure I had a lovely dreamy experience. I know that initially I was chatting away but can't remember what about now... It was all over so quickly. Today I came home in a taxi with my long hair down.. no one would have known that i'd just had surgery.
Sally250

Postby Sally250 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:27 pm

Rowney that sounds great! Hope it is all looking good. I am healing well, one side is still a bit red in the hairline, but its so cold out, I don't mind wearing a hat. Its over a month for me now, and I am very pleased with the results - I don't look different, just refreshed, which of course makes me feel happier. My sister was very impressed and is seeing Mr Guest very soon for a consultation.

Best wishes, Sal.

Return to “Advanced Mini Facelift”