Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

18 months on

Comments and discussion about the Advanced Mini Facelift.
prince11

18 months on

Postby prince11 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:46 pm

I now think my amf has matured and I can now comment on the result.

I had an amf plus necklift and platysmal plication. I had it on 16 April 2012.

I felt no pain whatsoever during the operation and was asleep most of the time. When back in my room not long after returning I had extreme pain on the left side of my face. I asked several times for pain relief to a nurse who seemed not at all bothered that I was in pain and didnt give me anything but paracetamol. She made excuses and I felt very vunerable. It wasnt until midnight, a full twelve hours after the operation that I was given co-codamol, which can be bought without prescription and hardly took the pain away. You can imagine how stressed I was by the op but feeling vunerable and upset on top of that was awful! I told Mr Guest the next morning but all he said was, "oh that will have been the drains". I wasnt given a feedback form from the hospital to say that the pain relief was inadequate and I should have complained but didnt as wanted to get home!

The scar from the playsmal plication was meant to be a small incision under the chin. It is not, it is 3 inches long. I have had it revised as it had a lump of skin on the righthand side. It is lumpy and I will have to have it revised again at some later stage when I will then have to wait another year until it is matured.

tez

Re: 18 months on

Postby tez » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:24 pm

Hi Prince11

I read your post with some concern for myself and sadness for you. It doesn't sound like you were treated very considerately or caringly and to be left with pain for that long and treated as you were does sound like something to be taken up with the hospital - most vulnerable to say the least and I think I too would have not felt in a good position to complain.

I'm glad you've mentioned it on this forum - if only for the sake and (hopeful) safety of us following you - I'm booked in early December and am most apprehensive. I don't know what a platysmal plication is but the more I read about these procedures, the more I realise the results will bear scars that will be (perhaps more) visible (than I'd realised) and sometimes require furthur work.

I do hope you manage to get your problems rectified and enjoy the results.

Best Wishes and thanks

Return to “Advanced Mini Facelift”