Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

AMF & Dermaroller in 10 days

Comments and discussion about the Advanced Mini Facelift.
Carly

AMF & Dermaroller in 10 days

Postby Carly » Wed May 16, 2012 9:49 pm

O.K I've been reading this forum for over one year now and feel confident / nervous and excited all rolled into one, counting down the days till I see Mr Guest and his colleagues for my advance mini facelift and dermaroller operation. My husband is 'treating' me to this for my 50th and I am so happy.
Overall, I dont feel as though I look my age, but I'm unhappy with the lines / creases by the sides of my nose and lips. I feel as though the skin on my face is loose and I'm hoping to have a 'taut' face without it looking like I'm standing in a wind tunnel. Mr Guest assures me I will look 'refreshed' rather than operated on and after reading many of the ladies and gents who have had the procedure I'm sure thats absolutely true.

I have started all the preparation treatments required for the dermaroller and I've purchased arnica tablets to start taking next week and arnica cream for post op.

persimone45

Re: AMF & Dermaroller in 10 days

Postby persimone45 » Sat May 26, 2012 4:24 pm

HI just returned home today from my AMF and feeling great. Much less trouble or pain than I thought, in fact no pain just mild discomfort definitely no more than the feeling of a slight hangover from a big night out. Already can see a big difference. So far so good!
Carly

Postby Carly » Sun May 27, 2012 3:52 pm

Returned home today after op yesterday.
I was apprehensive to look in the mirror after my op because my face felt like it was on fire and quite puffy to the touch. I decided to wait till this morning and had a shower and washed my hair before looking and was very happy with my reflection.

I had the dermaroler on face & decolletage and it was this that made my face look very sunburnt ( ideal weather for it too ) my jaw line is smoother in appearance and the lines that ran from my lips towards my jaw have completely gone. I do still have lines from my nose to mouth, but much shallower than before. This helps to look more 'natural' as a woman close approaching 50, should have a line or two somewhere!!!

I have to agree with all the posts prior to mine that Mr Guest and his whole team made me feel at home. If I had to give any negative feedback, it would only be to say one time when I called the nurse station it took over 10 mins to get to me and I'd text my husband to ask him to phone the hospital cause no-one was coming to my aid. However, there didn't seem to be many nurses on and I think the staff there were ran ragged - but this did not impact on their mood or how they dealt with me - nothing was too much trouble

I have only needed paracetomol for the discomfort. On returning home, I've put some icepacks on my face to help with the swelling. I'm booked in to see Mr Guest this Wednesday to have the first lot of stiches out. I am happy to answer any questions any one has and will update my post after Wednesday.
Carly

Postby Carly » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:14 pm

Travelled to Bristol by train. My bruising is conciderable down each side of my face and neck. Fortunately it's yellow in colour rather than black and blue so it has been very easy to conceal with make-up.
Mr Guest is very happy with the recovery and didn't feel there was much swelling.
I'll have the remainder of my stitches out at my G.P's on Wednesday and will see for myself how the scarring looks. It's been one week since my op and still have alot of bruising but it is fading my the day.
I have been surprised at how tired I've felt over the last week and most day's have napped for an hour or so in the afternoon. Hope the following week will not be as tiring as I'll be returning to work soon.
I remain very happy with post op face.

Return to “Advanced Mini Facelift”