Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

My AMF 3 months on

Comments and discussion about the Advanced Mini Facelift.
Kate99

My AMF 3 months on

Postby Kate99 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:54 pm

I had my AMF 3 months ago & here are some comments on my experience which I hope may be of help / interest

First 24 hours
I was suprisingly relaxed before the operation and the experience was absolutely fine. However I started to feel increasing discomfort as the anaesthetic wore off. It was a long day & even longer night! I found the tight head bandage extremely uncomfortable and some of the drugs made me very nauseous. However once the bandage & drains were removed in the morning & I had a shower and hair wash I felt considerable better.

Suggestions if you are booked in:-
    Don't order any food that needs you to open your mouth much - I couldn't even manage a sandwich
    If you colour your care, do so just before your op as you are not allowed to colour if for 6 weeks afterwards

Rest
I booked 2 weeks off work and I would recommend this if you can. You should take as much rest as possible. I thought I hadn't bruised much, but the bruises then appeared after 3 days and probably took at least a week to go.

I found it hard to sleep on my back. However when I made a ramp of pillows starting with one under my back (pay in the same direction as your body) and then 2 or 3 under neck & head, I found this comfortable. It also stopped me wanting to roll over on my side.

Scars
I just used bio-oil & Savlon advanced healing gel for the scars and this seems to have worked OK. The scars at the front are quite faint now. I haven't felt the need to get any strong camouflage to cover up, but I'm fortunate to have quite thick hair that have covered them. I have also used hats, scarves, hairbands & hairclips to give coverage on windy days. However (like others) the scars behind the ears are still quite red & bumpy. I aslo got an infection in my neck (where the drains were) about 4 weeks after the operation and needed antibiotics.

Dermaroller
I had dermaroller and I haven't found a noticeable difference. To be fair, I was told that 2 or 3 treatments are required to make a differenc, but I did expect to notice more from the first session. It's also possible that there is more of a difference than I realise. I'm undecided whether to have a second session.

Result
I chose Mr Guest because I wanted a suble and natural looking improvement and this is what I got! The jowls are lifted and the 'melted wax' look has gone but by no means do I have a 'perfect' face. Nobody seems to have even suspected that I've had a face lift - not even close friends and family or would say something. Only a couple of people have maybe noticed something different and put it down to my new hairstyle.

Here are some personal comments if you are thinking about AMF:-

It IS major surgery - don't under-estimate
    You will need plenty of rest
    The results are irreversible, so do consider carefully
    Discuss your requirements & expections
    Have realistic expectations
    If you do decide to go ahead, I would personally recommend Mr Guest, Mr Sassada, the team and the Spire hospital

Return to “Advanced Mini Facelift”