Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

The AMF Experience

Comments and discussion about the Advanced Mini Facelift.
Angharrad

The AMF Experience

Postby Angharrad » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:41 am

Well, it's now nearly 6 weeks since I had my AMF and I thought that I would share my experience for those of you who are about to have it done and those who have just had the procedure. I opted for the Fast Track and on 26th November went to Bristol on my own to get rid of what I saw as unsightly jowls that had crept up on me in middle age. I had been really looking forward to it and my husband was supportive, though he didn't feel that I needed it. However, a week or so prior to the date, I began to feel quite nervous and apprehensive, until Molly told me about this Forum. I found this Forum hugely helpful in getting rid of my fear of the unknown; hearing from others who have undergone the procedure was so reassuring.

So, I turned up on 26th and the nursing staff are so friendly and not at all judgemental. I am not at all squeamish and so I did not want a deep sedation and chatted to Mr Guest and the nurse during the procedure and felt very little discomfort. Then, with a huge head bandage I went back to my room. I must admit that I was pretty hungry soon afterwards, but DON'T UNDERESTIMATE HOW DIFFICULT IT IS TO EAT afterwards. It is quite painful to chew, so choose something mushy which doesn't involve opening your mouth much! I have to admit that I did not get much, if any sleep that night. The nurses were brilliant and did all they could to try to make sure that I was comfortable. The drains were the worst part but you just have to put up with them, but taking them out next day was not as bad as I thought and it was great to get rid of the huge head bandage. I stayed to have lunch at the hospital because I was staying at a nearby B&B and would not be having an evening meal there. I did use the small, light head bandage that I was given, indoors when I got there though. My face was quite swollen around the ears and cheekbones, but I don't think that I looked extra-terrestrial or anything!

I drove home the next afternoon, determined to really look after my incisions and bathe and apply the cream I was given religiously. This is a very important part of the whole thing - looking after your scars and keeping them clean. As with any operation, the after care is really important factor for its success. The funny thing is, I didn't tell anyone else in my family that I was going to have an AMF and when I saw my sister a week later she did not comment, but I know she would have seen a difference. That is how wonderfully subtle the procedure is; you get the result that you want, but it is not a dramatic difference!

I flew back to Hong Kong where we are currently living, 2 weeks after the procedure and 5 days later off to New Zealand to see my son, who also didn't comment! I still have faint traces of scars in front of my ears, but they are fading rapidly. I have used Dermablend by Vichy (from Boots) on occasions after the first month after the procedure, but I don't bother usually. My ears are slightly lumpy behind but that is decreasing rapidly too. I am so very pleased that I decided to go ahead with the AMF at ME and I can't praise Mr Guest and Dr Sasada enough. You couldn't be in better hands.

Angharrad

Re: The AMF Experience

Postby Angharrad » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:46 am

Just one more thing! Don't underestimate how tired you will feel afterwards, don't book anything in your diary for at least a week, preferably 10 days after the procedure, just indulge yourself!

Return to “Advanced Mini Facelift”