Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

Scars behind ears

Comments and discussion about the Advanced Mini Facelift.
silvie

Scars behind ears

Postby silvie » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:02 pm

I had my AMF a year ago and I'm pleased with the results. However although the scars have completely disappeared in front of my ears, those behind are still quite lumpy and one side has a pitted hole (I think this is where the drain was). I am quite self conscious about the scars and feel anxious about anyone seeing them. I wouldn't feel comfortable about putting my hair up or having it cut shorter.
I wondered if anyone else has experienced this and if the problem resolved itself in time. Perhaps there is something I can do to make the scarring look better. I've tried Bio Oil without much success and am now using Kelocote, I'm not really sure if that's working either. I saw on a television programme laser treatment being used for acne scarring. Perhaps that would be worth a try.

susiem

Scaring

Postby susiem » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:39 am

It,s now nearly nine monthes since i had my amf, and i too have scaring that does,nt seem to be fading, but i thought i,d tell you what my doctor told me about she has a practice in London doing all kinds of non surgical treatments and herself has had many cosmetic procedures, when i went to see her back in May and told her that i was using bio oil on my scaring with little results she recomended i use Dematix and even gave my a free tube, its what she uses herself, i have since got some over the internet, whilst it is quite expensive my scarring in very visable and still quite red where the stitches went.
Hope it helps!
Susiem
silvie

Re: Scars behind ears

Postby silvie » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:39 am

Thank you for that Susie. I will certainly try it, especially as your doctor recommends it. It's difficult to know what to do. I just want to forget to ever had the AMFL and get on with my life I don't want anyone to know I've had anything done so I'm very anxious about anyone seeing them. I guess some people would see it as a small price to pay for the results we have, they still bother me though.
idlecat

Re: Scars behind ears

Postby idlecat » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:14 am

Hi I had my AMF 20 months ago, the front scars faded quite quickly but the ones behind the ears are more persistent. One side is smooth but there is a pocket at the bottom of the ear which I'm used to now and is no trouble. The other side took a long time to heal, was very lumpy and until recently itched . I tried bio oil but it didn't seem to help.There has been a lot more improvement now , the. lumpiness is disappearing and is hardly visible with my hair up.
My only regrets that I never had the neck procedure , I don't think it was available when I had my AMF. I like the added derma roller procedure , I would have that too, I still need regular collagen boosters around the jaw line.

Give it time Silvie, you have lots more healing time yet, I have no doubt thatthenext 6 months will see a huge improvement.
admin
Site Admin

Scars behind the ears

Postby admin » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:46 pm

Lumpiness behind the ears is occasionally reported by patients. It may arise from the fact that this is the area where redundant skin is "taken up". It is also an area that patients may have difficulty in cleaning. If the problem persists we perform scar revision under local anaesthetic a year or so after the original surgery where appropriate. This is provided free of charge (it is included in the original cost).

Return to “Advanced Mini Facelift”