Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

My AMF 3 days on

Comments and discussion about the Advanced Mini Facelift.
bikergirl

My AMF 3 days on

Postby bikergirl » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:53 am

Hello everyone, I promised to write on the forum following my AMF-so here goes-the story so far.
I was absolutely terrified on the journey up to Bristol-my husband was very reassuring but I kept thinking "What am I doing?" and "Am I mad?" We arrived at the Spire and I was taken to the ward and admitted. Everyone was very welcoming and soon I was into my gown and ready to walk to the minor ops theatre.I had seen both Mr Guest and Dr Sassada and had my face drawn on!. During this last meeting Mr Guest and I decided that I would not have the platysmal plication as planned due to my concerns about scarring under the chin (I tend to get keloid scars)
I walked to theatre with one of the nurses and then up onto the operating bed/couch and off to sleep with Dr Sassadas magic potion! I can honestly say that I was not aware of any pain or discomfort-I could hear the odd bit of conversation and was aware of Mr Guest touching my face but nothing else. One of the nurses was so lovely and held my hand several times-it was so reassuring.
On return to the ward I was fine-even texted my friends and daughter to say I was back and OK. I could feel that my face was swollen and I had some pain but a couple of paracetomol did the trick. I spent an uncomfortable night-mainly due to the hospital bed and feeling too warm but I think had about 3 hours sleep.
In the morning I had the bandage off and drains out which was a bit sore but I'd had pain killers before so it was not too bad. I then showered and washed my hair and felt more human after that.
My face was inititally very puffy and swollen around the side of my cheeks but I could instantly see the improvement.I then went home (about 2.5 hours.) with a scarf around my head.
I slept really well in my own bed that night and awoke showered, put some makeup on and then went to the beach (!) where we have a beach hut- I covered up with a scarf and sunhat and sat in the shade.
I am now post op 3 days and feel great-I am tired but this is to be expected. The swelling is still visible but reducing-the bruising is fading quite quickly too.
Will do another update mext week sometime.I am more than happy to speak/email anyone who has any questions about the AMF-send me a private message x x x

bikergirl

Re: My AMF 14 days on

Postby bikergirl » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:49 am

2 weeks today I was sitting waiting nervously to go to theatre. I've now had my sutures out and the bruising has almost completely gone.I am very pleased with the results which are subtle and , as my daughter said, very natural looking. I might return to Mr Guest for the platysmal plication as I still have my little double chin! however I have always had this-even when a teenager so its part of me and the way I look.
I was surprised at how tired I was after the AMF-I overdid it a bit last weekend and felt awful so ladies remember-rest rest.....and more rest after the op.
If anyone wants to see my before and after pics I'm more than happy to share them.Let me have your email address and I'll send them to you x x x
Christina Howells

Re: My AMF 3 days on

Postby Christina Howells » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:10 pm

v
Last edited by Christina Howells on Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catie

Postby Catie » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:40 am

`Hi - I am booked in for October for AMF and platysmal plication......am also nervous about scarring and how obvious the scars will be. Dont really wan people to know I have had it done! I would love to see your photos -Many thanks and happy continued healing!
Last edited by Catie on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bikergirl

Re: My AMF 3 weeks on

Postby bikergirl » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:25 pm

Hi All,
I'm now 3 weeks post AMF and feeling great. I went back to work this week and nobody noticed anything!! rather disappointed in a way but sort of relieved that I don't have to explain anything.
I feel I look so much more youthful .... but it is very subtle.
My scars are fading and the swelling is even more reduced. I did go to my usual exercise class this week for the first time since surgery and afterwards I noticed some swelling and soreness but it has settled now.
Good Luck everyone due for surgery... as I've said before I'm happy to share my photos x x x
Maureen

Postby Maureen » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:26 pm

Hi

I will be having my AMF in November and would love to see your photo's. My e-mail address is andymorogers@btinternet.com

Thank you
ivysoul

Postby ivysoul » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:25 am

can I please see your before and after piccys
Thanks my email address is katberrie@hotmail.co.uk
Caron1958

Postby Caron1958 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:21 pm

I would love to see some before and after photographs from anyone who has had this procedure.

My email is:-

Cat_58@hotmail.co.uk

Many thanks

Caron1958
carol5ll

Postby carol5ll » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:46 pm

I would be so grateful if I could see your before and after pics! My e.mail address is carol5LL@aol.com. Many thanks in anticipation. Carol
annmarie

Postby annmarie » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:30 am

hi would love 2 see b4 and after pics annmariedugdale@yahoo.co.uk thanx

Return to “Advanced Mini Facelift”