Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

Weight loss and AMF

Comments and discussion about the Advanced Mini Facelift.
Pat

Weight loss and AMF

Postby Pat » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:52 pm

Hi Ladies

I plan on loosing approx 4 stone in weight this year and wondered if it would be prudent to wait until after my weight adjustment before having an AMF.

In anticipation of your advice - many thanks

Pat

admin
Site Admin

Re: Weight loss and AMF

Postby admin » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:30 pm

The definitive answer is that all planned weight loss should take place before surgery.
prince11

Postby prince11 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:08 pm

Hi I asked that as well and was told to loose it before AMF. I have not lost any weight however as I am within 10 lbs of my ideal weight and I always go back to exactly the same weight if I stop dieting, not a llb more. I have now decided to just eat sensibly and most of the weight I loose is just water and never stays off.
bettyisok

Postby bettyisok » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:08 pm

I was asked to lose if before, unfortunately with not being able to smoke i have not been successful at dieting so i guess if the weight loss is not too much, then i guess i will do it afterwards and in a healthy way.
I am having this done this saturday and i would like to lose at least 1.5 stone but had no time to do it before...
dlhoward

Postby dlhoward » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:11 pm

Hi, I am a weight loss expert working for the`NHS and I also have a degree in Nutritional Medicine. I would say under 2 stone you are probably going to be ok if your BMI would then not below 28 which is still classed as overweight. It would definately be better to lose before surgery though. A weight loss of 3 or 4 stone will cause fullness to be lost in the face and this is something I tell my older patients to be aware of, as losing too much volume does age you. Here you have to weigh up the pros and cons as with everything.
If you are looking for a truly fabulous and healthy way to lose weight buy a book by Patrick Holford called the GL bible availale on Amazon second hand for about £8, this is the best and healthiest way to lose weight and it works. Good luck with your surgery, mine is booked for August the 6th. Dawn x

Return to “Advanced Mini Facelift”