Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

How to camouflage scars

Comments and discussion about the Advanced Mini Facelift.
lasenora

How to camouflage scars

Postby lasenora » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:27 pm

The scars at your temples can be quite red and difficult to hide especially if, like me, you don't usually wear much makeup and if your hair is very fair/grey. I've found the best cover up to be a green concealer stick. And no, you won't look like the Incredible Hulk if you use it carefully. The one I use is literally like a green lipstick. Just dot it along the scar and blend in with your fingertips. The green neutralises the red and makes the scar almost unnoticeable.

Firstclasscat

Re: How to camouflage scars

Postby Firstclasscat » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:26 pm

Hi Lasenora

Thanks for the brilliant tip, I shall add 'green concealer' to my list of things to buy for my AMF in June (using it once the scars have healed of course). Do you have any more tips you could pass on, please?

How are you getting on with your 'new face'? Are you still happy with the results? Have you had any recent compliments? I for one am 'dying to know'.

Kindest regards
W
lasenora

Re: How to camouflage scars

Postby lasenora » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:08 am

Hi W
It's just over 6 weeks since my AMF and the scars are still quite red at my temples but the green concealer works great for me. As you say, it's important to let the scars heal properly but in my case, that was the first area to settle down. Even now it's still a bit tight and 'nippy' at the bottom and the back of my ears. Most nights I use the antibiotic cream that was given to me at the time of the op and find it very soothing. The skin at the side of my face and closest to the scars is still a bit numb. It feels quite strange to the touch and takes a bit of getting used to. However the numb area seems to get less and less every day. I hardly really notice it at all now. I imagine that one day I'll just realise that the numbness has vanished without being aware of when it actually happened.
As for my new face - yes I'm still delighted with it. Several people have remarked that I look well but nobody has asked if I've had 'anything done.' That's because the end result is so natural. I still look the same but without the sagging bits although there is obviously some evidence of ageing that remains. I still have some lines around my eyes although the AMF improved them. There's also a bit of looseness to the skin at the corners of my mouth though I no longer look like a puppet from Thunderbirds. This operation won't make you look as young as your offspring but it definitely addresses the problem of sagging jowls and gets rid of the 'melted wax' appearance. I'm sure you'll be delighted when you get yours done. x

Return to “Advanced Mini Facelift”