Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

4 weeks since AMF

Comments and discussion about the Advanced Mini Facelift.
lasenora

4 weeks since AMF

Postby lasenora » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:22 am

It's now 4 weeks since my AMF so I've tried to put together some tips for those of you who are about to undergo the procedure.
1) First of all, be POSITIVE. Go into this with a confident attitude. You're in good hands.
2) Buy yourself a couple of pretty scarves. Luckily there are plenty on the market at the moment and as well as being a great fashion accessory they will cover bruises on your jaw and neck.
3) You really won't feel like chatting to anyone immediately after the operation so arrange for your partner, husband, friend or whatever to collect you the next day when you're ready to be discharged. You're going to feel tired and a little too uncomfortable with the tight dressing around your head to make small talk. Spend the day quietly watching tv alone in the comfort of your room. Rest is best.
4) Have your makeup with you. You'll be able to shower and wash your hair the morning after your op. Make the most of it. You'll look swollen but a little eye makeup and lipstick will make you look and feel much better.
5) Keep a low profile for a couple of weeks from people you know but don't go completely into hiding. The first few days you're going to look quite swollen and anyone who knows you will notice but strangers won't. It's ok to go shopping or to the cinema. Nobody will bat an eyelid.
6) You should be ready to face people you know 2 weeks after the op. Be confident, look them straight in the eye and they won't notice a thing except how well you look. If you act awkward you'll draw attention to yourself. Be confident.
7) Be prepared for some unusual sensations. The side of your face especially around your ears is going to feel numb. IT'S NORMAL. Your skin may also feel dry and the wounds around your earlobes may be slow to heal. Use the antibiotic ointment you're given EVERY DAY to help keep infection at bay. Drink plenty of water and use a good moisturiser on your skin. I like Tesco BNatural baby lotion. It's 80% organic so there are no nasties there to bother your scars.
8) The scars at your temples are going to be quite red. It might be a good idea to think about your hairstyle BEFORE you go for your AMF. Remember that your face is going to be a different shape so you may well suit styles you wouldn't normally try. I only really notice the scars when my hair is wet and combed back from my head. Once it's dry and drops forwards the scars are barely noticeable. Don't let it be an issue for you. Act naturally. Nobody else is looking for scars. They won't notice unless you draw attention to them.
9) You've now got the face you wanted. Be happy, be confident and above all - ENJOY. You deserve it! xx

Firstclasscat

Re: 4 weeks since AMF

Postby Firstclasscat » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:27 pm

Hi again Lasenora

These are BRILLIANT tips......I've copied them out, ready for my AMF in June.

Wx
Last edited by Firstclasscat on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
flo

Re: 4 weeks since AMF

Postby flo » Sun May 29, 2011 9:04 pm

Thank you so much for your tips, it really does help with us potential nervous patients.

Return to “Advanced Mini Facelift”