Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

How subtle is the AMF?

Comments and discussion about the Advanced Mini Facelift.
lasenora

How subtle is the AMF?

Postby lasenora » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:18 pm

I think many people will be asking this question. Is the result too subtle and should I opt for a full facelift? Here is my opinion based on my experience.
In my early 40s I started to develop jowls. Over the past 15 years I’ve tried everything on the market to get rid of them or at least disguise them. Take it from me, nothing works. All you’re left with is a cupboard full of useless products, a lighter purse and ever descending jowls. It wasn’t actual ageing that I had an issue with, just the way I was ageing. I didn’t mind a few wrinkles or graying hair. What I hated was the sad, tired expression those awful jowls gave me. I’d reached a point where I was constantly conscious of lowering my head which accentuated my sagging features. I needed help.
During the past 10 years I visited 2 other cosmetic surgeons or should I more accurately describe them as cosmetic surgery salesmen? One generously suggested ‘throwing my eyes in for free’ if I booked a full face lift. I left the clinic feeling like the bride of Frankenstein and more miserable than ever. But, you see, my dissatisfaction was always with my jowls not my entire face. I was constantly looking in the mirror running my index and middle fingers along my jawline towards my ears. That was the area that concerned me and the feature I desperately wanted to change.
When I met Mr. Guest I knew instantly that he was the man for the job. He listened to what I said and he understood exactly what I wanted. He didn’t offer to throw in my eyes, neck, brow or anything else. He simply confirmed that the result I was looking for was achievable and he could get rid of those dreadful jowls.
So back to my original question, is the result too subtle and should you opt for a full facelift?
For me the result has been nothing short of spectacular. Not only can I lean forward without my face sliding south I can even look into a mirror laid on my lap without seeing my own mother’s face staring back at me. No longer can I lift excess skin towards my ears. My jawline is smooth without looking stretched and tight. Even the area beneath my eyes is improved and less hollow due to a little skin by my temples being lifted. Overall the effect is natural, refreshing and in no way mask like.
Do I wish I’d had more done? The answer is no. Why? Because everyone who knows me, knows I have a son in his mid 30s and 2 grandchildren. And I’m honoured to be that person. I want my son to be proud of the way his mother looks, not a little awkward because she looks younger than he does. I didn’t want to look too obviously different, just a less droopy version of myself. The Hollywood flawless image may work for some but it’s not for me.
The AMF has taken, I’d say, around 10 years plus off my age. I can’t imagine anyone would guess me as being late 50s and I consider that a fabulous result.
So if you’re looking for a smooth jawline and a generally younger looking, less saggy appearance, this is the facelift for you. You may want to combine it with other procedures such as eye or brow lift but Mr. Guest will be able to advise you on that. Overall I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. This is a minimally invasive operation with just a couple of weeks down time offering excellent results. You won’t look like a teenager again but you’ll definitely look and feel much more youthful.
I imagine the results of a full facelift would maybe offer a more dramatic result or might even be necessary in certain cases depending on what you’re starting off with but personally I’m delighted with my AMF. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.

Firstclasscat

Re: How subtle is the AMF?

Postby Firstclasscat » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:12 pm

Hi Lasenora

I am due to have my AMF in June.

Thank you so much for writing about your experience and, for addressing so many issues that were bothering me. I feel very confident now that this is the correct procedure for me. For this alone, I am very grateful to you Lasenora.

Good luck with your healing and enjoy looking '10 Years Younger' !

W
lasenora

Re: How subtle is the AMF?

Postby lasenora » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:12 am

Hi Firstclasscat,
I'm glad you're feeling more confident about the procedure now. I think anyone who's considering any type of surgery, especially to the face will be a bit apprehensive about the outcome. My biggest fear was that I'd end up lopsided or worse still, looking like Joan Rivers. I needn't have worried. The result is so natural I don't think anyone would ever guess I'd had anything done which is exactly what I wanted. I still look like me but without the sagging jowls.
When you look in the mirror now, place your fingers on each side of your face from the jawline to the temple and lift gently putting slightly more pressure at the jaw than at eye level without distorting your features. This is more or less how you can expect to look after the operation.
I'm sure you're doing the right thing for you. Be confident and don't worry. xx

Return to “Advanced Mini Facelift”