Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

Here’s my account of my AMF

Comments and discussion about the Advanced Mini Facelift.
lasenora

Here’s my account of my AMF

Postby lasenora » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:07 am

I arrived at the hospital at 10.00am. By 1.45 I was sitting up in bed waiting for food and ringing my husband to let him know the procedure was all over. The operation itself was a surreal experience. There was no pain, no pulling and tugging (as I expected). Just a vague recollection of Black Sabbath playing in the background and being asked by Dr. Sasada if I had any special requests. I chose ‘Don’t Look Back In Anger’ by Oasis. Oh, and I remember hearing Barry Manilow singing Mandy and then discussing his unfortunate cosmetic surgery results with Mr. Guest.
I was able to eat everything brought including soup, sandwiches (minus the crust) and rice pudding. I can also recommend the Spanish Omelette and egg custard pie I had for supper. I developed a headache later in the evening and needed some paracetamol but the only real discomfort was the tight bandage around my head. I was relieved I’d told my husband not to come to the hospital until the next day as talking and moving would have been too awkward. Rest is definitely best.
Next morning the bandage came off (hoorah) and tubes came out. Again no pain whatsoever, and I was able to admire the results. In a word – fantastic. True my face was swollen, but there was no bruising and best of all, the jowls had gone. Both Dr. Sasada and Mr. Guest came to see how I was getting on. I was given an elasticated head bandage which Mr. Guest said I could wear if I wanted. It was entirely my choice and I chose not to bother. I left the hospital just after midday with my hair tucked into my coat and a scarf wrapped around my neck.
We were staying at the Premier Inn right in the centre of Bristol. I had a cup of tea in the room then at about 4.30 walked across into the Cabot centre with my husband to buy sandwiches for the evening. I felt absolutely fine and nobody batted an eyelid at me.
On Monday my son flew down to Bristol from Scotland to see me and I went to the airport with my husband to meet him. He couldn’t believe how well I looked. In fact he was amazed I was there waiting for him at all. Remember this was just 48 hours after the operation. He immediately remarked that I looked great, if a little puffy. Sort of like a younger version of his mum with mumps.
On Tuesday and Wednesday I took it fairly easy, mostly watching tv and reading but I still managed to get across to the restaurant in Debenhams for lunch and to the cinema to see a movie. Nobody gave me a second glance.
Thursday I had the first few stitches out and on Friday I flew back home to the Canary Islands. By then I had a few bruises on the side of my neck which were easily hidden with my scarf. I stayed at home for most of the week and had the rest of the stitches out the following Thursday.
2 weeks after the AMF I went to a barbeque and nobody stared at me in shock although a couple of people said I was looking well. The bruises have gone and I’ve only a bit of swelling left at the edge of my jawline below my ears. I don’t need anyone to tell me I look younger (although my husband says it all the time). I can see it every time I look in the mirror.
My jowls have gone and my jawline is firmer than it was in my late 30s. My face no longer has that sad ‘melted wax’ appearance. I look youthful and natural. Exactly what I wanted. In my opinion Mr. Guest is a genius. The ME team are fantastic and it was worth every penny. I won’t hesitate to do it all again if the dreaded jowls re-appear. So if you’re thinking about having the AMF and Mr. Guest agrees it’s the right choice for you – GO FOR IT and GOOD LUCK . You’ll be delighted.x

flo

Re: Here’s my account of my AMF

Postby flo » Sun May 29, 2011 9:31 pm

Thank you so much, that was really helpful, as I am feeling very anxious as we probably all do.
Lynnette

Postby Lynnette » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:03 am

flo wrote:Thank you so much, that was really helpful, as I am feeling very anxious as we probably all do.

I second that as my operation is booked for 16 July. If all goes well, I will feel very privileged!
bikergirl

Postby bikergirl » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:04 pm

Thanks for your post-I'm booked in for 22nd July and I'm terrified! I'm self employed and so will have to go back to work after 2 weeks and really don't want to be showing any signs of recent surgery but it sounds like it should be OK by then.
The posts have been very helpful and reassuring and so I will be posting after my op with any information/experiences I've had.

Return to “Advanced Mini Facelift”