Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

Jowls

Comments and discussion about the Advanced Mini Facelift.
beatrice

Jowls

Postby beatrice » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:42 pm

I had my op seven weeks ago - I wondered if any one else that has had the op - Feel that there jowls are still present - I am wondering if this is still swollen or not? comment please

Firstclasscat

Re: Jowls

Postby Firstclasscat » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:45 am

Hi Beatrice

Firstly, I haven't had my AMF as yet so, I can only comment from the position of what other post-AMF people have told me and from researching face-lift websites.

My points are these:-
1. You are not alone in feeling that you haven't perhaps had the perfect result you hoped for (please read my post 'Is the AMF a little too subtle'?). However, I think
Salsera and Valliday make some very valid points.

2. I have read that it can take many months for the face to completely settle into it's final shape, after a face-lift, and everyone is different.

3. I've also read that if the patients expectations are high, a kind of post-surgery blues can follow if the results are not as perfect as the patient expected.

However, as I first pointed out, I am no expert, so I can only tell you what I would do if I were unhappy. Firstly I would really study my 'before' & 'after' photos, you may have "got used to your new face". But if I were still unhappy, then I would contact Kate (at ME) and Mr Guest and ask for another consultation. Make it clear you are not happy with the results. You may have to wait for an appointment and/or a revision, but I'm sure neither ME nor Mr Guest wants an unhappy client. But, before you do any of this please ask yourself if you made it absolutely clear to Mr Guest at your initial consultation exactly what you wanted, and what he said to you about whether it was possible to achieve this. The best bit of advice I received from one post-op patient was to remember "Mr Guest is a very clever man, but, he's not a mind-reader"

Finally, I really do sympathise with you Beatrice. I hope I haven't come across as patronising (if I have, I sincerely apologise). I hope this helps.

Wx
Valliday

Re: Jowls

Postby Valliday » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:37 am

Hi Beatrice.
I wonder if you will be going back for your 6 week post op consultation? I think that should be coming up quite soon. If so, that would save waiting for an appointment, and as 'Firstclass' suggested, it could perhaps put your mind at rest,...at least being better than waiting and wondering. What do other people think about it,..do they see any difference? I know I feel a little disappointed if I meet someone and they don't mention anything at all. Then I realise, if they don't know I've had this done, then they probably won't notice. My ex doesn't see any difference,.....but then that's partly why he is my 'ex'! lol. I know I see a difference. I now stop at a mirror and try to pull my face up as I used to,...but can't, because it's already there! I also understand the point 'Firstclass' made re 'post surgery blues'. I imagine some people might expect to feel very different. One thing I do know is, a smile is the best facelift. I can see that even looking at my own photographs.
I hope you feel happier with the results soon.
Take care,
Rita x
rosina100

AMF still have Jowls

Postby rosina100 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:24 pm

I had my op 7 weeks ago and still have jowls especially on one side. Has anyone else had this experience?

Return to “Advanced Mini Facelift”