Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

Day after AMF

Comments and discussion about the Advanced Mini Facelift.
ginger56

Day after AMF

Postby ginger56 » Sun May 23, 2010 3:41 pm

Hi everyone,
I had my AMF yesterday & all is well. I had to check in at reception at 10am so decided to catch an early morning train down from London to save paying for fri night at a B & B. It was nearly a disaster because my train was delayed by 45mins because of an incident near Maidenstone so arrived stressed & 15mins late. Not a great start so I would recommend to stay the night before.
I honestly would have to say the op was no problem at all. Dr Guest & Dr Sasada were lovely & all the nursing staff looked after me so well. My surgery was at 11.30 & I was back in my room by 1.30pm. Not much pain, just a bit behind my ears & I think it was mainly because of the firm bandage pressing on the stitches. Pain relief worked well & I slept through the night ok.
Day 2. They gave me pain relief at 8am to prepare me for when they would take out the 2 drainage tubes an hour later (the removal didn't hurt at all).
Bandages came off & I had my first look. My face is quite swollen & I have bruising on both cheeks just in front of my ears, but I am so happy already. Even with the swelling I can see that I have a jawline again & my neck is looking great. My husband drove up this morning to pick me up & was very impressed, & I am now back at home propped up in front of the TV. They gave me plenty of pain relief to take home but as yet I haven't needed any & will wait to take 2 tablets to go to sleep tonight. I hope the swelling goes down a bit before Wednesday because I'm catching a train down to get my first stitches out.
I'll write again in a few days, but I am a very, very happy lady.
Sue.

ginger56

Re: Day after AMF

Postby ginger56 » Mon May 24, 2010 7:59 am

Hi again,
Day 3.
I did take 2 of the stronger pain killers before going to sleep last night & slept well propped up on 3 pillows right through the night. My face is still quite swollen & I've applied arnica to the bruises this morning. I'm not in any pain at all & my husband tells me that my neck & jaw line look fantastic, so smooth & no jowls. I'm very happy!!
I'll write again after I have my 1st stitches out on Wednesday.
Sue.
Last edited by ginger56 on Sun May 30, 2010 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
idlecat

Postby idlecat » Mon May 24, 2010 8:58 am

Thanks for posting Sue, very pleased your op. was not too much of an ordeal, I would totally agree with you about staying in the b&b the night before, it's so very stress free. Make sure you get plenty of rest AND DO NOT LIFT ANYTHING . Try to avoid bending over too, it doesn't help the swelling go down. Your bruising should be coming out now, but should soon disappear, especially as you are treating with Arnica. Keep us posted. Patti x
beatrice

Postby beatrice » Tue May 25, 2010 11:12 pm

Hi Sue
Pleased to hear your op went well - looking forward to seeing some pics of you.
take care and keep the posts going
ginger56

Postby ginger56 » Sun May 30, 2010 12:22 am

It's now been 1 week since my op. I had a few stitches out on Wednesday & Dr guest was pleased. I am still quite swollen & bruised but every day I wake looking a little better. I haven't had to take any pain relief since the first couple of days. I am so pleased I've had it done & have no regrets at all. Even though my face is swollen, my jaw line is back & no more jowls. I think that another week will see all the bruising completely gone, but Dr Guest did say that I did have quite a lot, especially down my left hand side. I will send those before & after shots to the ladies that emailed me in the next few weeks.
Thanks for all my well wishes,
Sue.
idlecat

Postby idlecat » Mon May 31, 2010 11:56 am

Thanks Sue, it's sounding good. I'm so pleased that you had a good experience too.
My scars are getting much feinter now. I still have a swelling behind my ear which I hope disappear soon. I can't wait to wear my hair tied back again, it gets on my nerves hanging down.
Was your journey back ok? Did you go by train or drive?

Return to “Advanced Mini Facelift”