Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

I have just come from 9 am surgery All is well

Comments and discussion about the Advanced Mini Facelift.
idlecat

I have just come from 9 am surgery All is well

Postby idlecat » Sat May 01, 2010 11:39 am

I arrived here 8am this morning, and was taken to my lovely comfortable room,
Went into surgery a little after 9. Anesthetic and sedation was a breeze and the op was soon underway. I must have had a little sleep but awoke fairly soon and was able to enjoy ( if that is the word ) the rest of the time spent in theatre. I have to say I hardy felt a thing, I was comfortable the whole time and it was encouraging to be able to chat to my surgeon Mr Guest and anesthetist Dr Sasada the whole time. I don't believe i bled at all during the operation
Everyone was very kind, the nurses are real poppets and after being bandaged up I was brought back to my extremely luxurious accommodation that is my room. I haven't seen what I look like yet, the bandage is very tight, I have drains in on either side of my head, near my ears, they feel tight but I'm told they have to be and will be removed in the morning.

I feel absolutely fine and the doctors were more than happy to allow me to write this for the forum as soon as i returned to my room. I will update tomorrow at the moment i am looking forward to lunch! I have booked an overnight stay and then will be at the b&b until the stitches are taken out on Wednesday.

Firstclasscat

Re: I have just come from 9 am surgery All is well

Postby Firstclasscat » Sun May 02, 2010 12:54 pm

Hi P

WOW! What a great post so soon after your op. I was thinking about you yesterday, it was so nice to read everything had gone well for you.

Thanks for all the information, I'm sure you're putting many 'minds at rest'

Keep up the good work.........can't wait to read your next installment :-) !

Regards
W x
idlecat

Postby idlecat » Sun May 02, 2010 6:08 pm

Ok the end of day 2. I had a fair bit of puffiness to the face later in the day. I had some pain around the areas where the drains are fitted but pain relief kept it under control and this morning when the drains were removed all was well.
I did feel nauseous overnight and again this morning, it was a little worrying but it passed , it may have been the effects of the anesthetic. Chewing is a bit problematic, I chose to eat soup and jelly until this morning when I had toast.
The bandages came off today and apart from a little puffiness there is no other swelling and no bruising to be seen, however I believe that bruises may start to come out in the next day or two. I have been dosing myself with Arnica for a few days so I guess this is helping. Al in all I would say there was much less pain and swelling than I had anticipated.

I am only taking paracetamol for pain ( which is minimal), the stitches aren't pulling and I haven't had any bleeding.
All in all I am feeling very comfortable and will be taking a shower and washing my hair in a little while.
My neck has immense improvement and my droopy lower jaw has disappeared. So I have a good result as far as I can see.
I am staying at the nearby b&b which is incredibly comfortable and convenient, ( recommended) and I go back for stitches to be removed Wednesday.
I have to wear the head/ neck band for a couple of days ( scarf easily covers it), but I must say say that my face looks pretty normal, the stitches and any bruising should be hidden by my hair.
I will update tomorrow.
beatrice

Postby beatrice » Sun May 02, 2010 6:36 pm

I am pleased to hear all is going well - it is good to read how things are going for you - - hope you have taken some pics - Keep the updates going and take care

maggie x
ginger56

Postby ginger56 » Mon May 03, 2010 2:43 pm

Can't wait to hear the next installment!! Thanks so much for taking the time to write, it has been so helpful. My op is near the end of this month & I'm hoping it all goes as well as yours.
Thanks again, S.
Firstclasscat

Postby Firstclasscat » Mon May 03, 2010 7:47 pm

Thanks for the update P, sounds like Mr Guest did a sterling job on your face and neck. Hope you can take it easy for the next few days....get as much rest as you can and keep up the brilliant posts :-)

You mentioned a B&B that you are staying in, can you let us know the name in your next post as this would be very helpful for future AMF patients (like ME!!!!)

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Wx
idlecat

Postby idlecat » Tue May 04, 2010 10:32 am

I couldn't get a wifi connection last night so didn't update yesterday. I had a good nights sleep, the puffiness to my fat face is starting to subside and I still have hardly any bruising showing. I have to anoint the stitches regularly and wear the headband pressure bandage for the rest of the day but plan to spend it relaxing and watching tv in readiness for my trip back to the hospital in the morning, hopefully to have some of the stitches out.
I have very little pain,( none really)just a very little soreness but only need paracetamol, nothing stronger. I am able to chew now, my jaw isn't hurting so I guess things are going well. My neck and jaw looks great, the long scarf easily covers the stitches but quite honestly they don't show anyway as my hair covers them without the head band on.
For those of you who are planning to stay I can thoroughly recommend the Guest house 4 Ridgewa rd ( find it here)
http://www.bedandbreakfasts.co.uk/prope ... In+Bristol

The family here are used to guests from the hospital and made me feel very welcome, I have plenty of drinks on hand and I am able to store my light salad type snacks in a frig downstairs. Wifi in the room is generally very good so I am able to skype my OH regularly and I actually turned the video on last night to let him see Mr Guest's handiwork!

The taxi takes 10 mins to the hospital and costs £10 BUT MAKE SURE THEY KNOW THAT THEY ARE GOING TO LONG ASHTON NOT FISHPONDS but that's another story...
Nothing more to say really , just looking forward to tomorrow, thanks to all of you that have contacted me ad left messages, I hope you will all use the forum when you have your procedures and again afterwards, I know previous ones were a great help to me.
I will be back tomorrow before I leave.
Firstclasscat

Postby Firstclasscat » Tue May 04, 2010 2:51 pm

Hi P

On behalf of everyone who has read your brilliant posts....a big THANK YOU! You have given us so much information that's both interesting and helpful. It's the little things like the taxi fare, the B&B, how you are feeling, etc. These details are so important and useful. It never occurred to me to take my laptop, when I go for my op, but what an inspired idea....well done you.

Looking forward to reading your next post..... :-) !

Wx
idlecat

Postby idlecat » Wed May 05, 2010 8:24 am

Nothing new to report this morning, the swelling is less, the bruising is still there one side of my neck where the drain was but it is painless,
I am about to shower and wash my hair again in preparation for having some of my stitches out at the hospital.
I am sorry to be leaving the B&B here, I will miss my lovely comfortable room and would like to say a big thank you to Ann and Ian for taking such great care of me and of course for providing me with a wifi connection.
I have a long journey home later but I will be back!
idlecat

My stitches are all out now

Postby idlecat » Mon May 24, 2010 9:12 am

Here I am back again, I had most of my stitches out Wednesday last and the rest on Monday, I had an additional procedure, Mr Guest shortened my earlobes , the bottom stitches needed more time and I now have a delicate pair of shell likes. I would have paid the money for just that! It only cost a small amount more.
My face and neck hasp pretty well resumed its normal size, there is a small amount of swelling in the neck, just below the ears and a small pad along the cheekbone stitches but it is reducing every day.
The only set back I had was a tooth abscess on my gum 2 weeks ago which caused my right cheek to balloon, and believe me it was 100 times more painful in the 4 days it took to burst than the AFL. The painkillers just didn't touch it.
My stitches are now beginning to fade, some you can hardly see at all and the rest respond to concealer ( I actually have my long hair tied back today and it looks fine.) I am going back in July for my assessment but will try to post some pics before and now if I can and you can see how happy I am.
I do so regret the time that I dillied and dallied before making that all important 1st appointment to see Mr Guest.

Return to “Advanced Mini Facelift”