Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

Hair Washing

This forum is intended for previous or potential clients of Me - Cosmetic Medicine to discuss experiences and concerns. Postings are neither censored or edited and potential clients are encouraged to ask former clients about their experience. All posts are genuine - we are not 'astroturfing'!
Catlover40

Hair Washing

Postby Catlover40 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:18 am

Hi Everyone

I am due for my surgery in 12 days and one of my concerns, albeit a silly one, is washing my hair!!! My hair is just past my shoulders and requires washing and conditioning every couple of days, can anyone tell me their experience of washing their hair after their operation, did you find it easy or difficult, was it painful, did you find it hurt in anyway?
Thanking anyone in advance.
Suzanne

admin
Site Admin

Re: Hair Washing

Postby admin » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:24 pm

It is a good idea to wash your hair after getting up the morning after your operation - it will make you feel much fresher. We supply all patients with a bottle of Baby Shampoo (it doesn't sting) for this purpose. It is important that the shower is not too hot, and that you face away from the shower head when washing your hair i.e. that the water does not jet directly onto the wounds. There are also hairdryers available at the Spire. There are no other special concerns.

Return to “General information”