Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

Full face lift nine months on

For those who need just a little bit more...
janegree

Full face lift nine months on

Postby janegree » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:27 pm

Nine months ago I had a full facelift with platysmal plication and upper and lower blepharoplasty. I had developed a slack jawline with ‘banding’ under my chin and down my neck and my eyes were becoming quite hooded. I am delighted with the results though it took six months for it to all settle down and I suspect it will be another six months before I forget about it completely.

I went back to work after three weeks but I would recommend leaving it a bit longer if possible. I had a couple of tiny areas which took a bit longer to heal than the rest (under my chin and above my ear) and I was probably still a bit swollen around the jaw so another week would have helped. The recovery process went very much as I expected. In the first week I was very swollen and eating was difficult but it improved in the second week and I had the stitches out after that. I admit I was quite nervous at that point as I felt the stitches had been holding me together, so I was very careful not to do anything too strenuous. After that I continued to clean the wounds with salt water and treat the scars with oil as recommended and they started to heal pretty quickly. I did find that I lost feeling around my jawline and under my chin for quite some time. It is now nearly all back after nine months. I had been warned about it but I hadn’t quite realised how long it would take.

I am so glad I did this. I now have a jawline and the aging lines running from nose to chin have disappeared. The blepharoplasty has really opened up my eyes and removed the sagging from beneath the eyes giving a much more youthful look. The overall look is very natural and not at all drawn or pulled tight. I feel so much more confident, particularly at work where I am surrounded by people aged anything from 10- 30 years younger than me. I know appearance is not the only thing to contribute to a sense of wellbeing, but this work has been well worth it for me.

JaneLondon

Return to “Full Facelift”