Board Disclaimer

Please, do not forget that this is a public forum.
This means that whatever you post here will be visible to the public and search engines. Your posts could be found through search engines. For this reason we ask you not to post personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your email address.

sedation

Discussion concerning the sedation used during the Advanced Mini Facelift.
ladyj

sedation

Postby ladyj » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:48 pm

i am pleased to be the first on this topic as i came to the spire on the 21st of may for the anvanced mini face lift and upper eyes .and i was quiet anxious not just about the surgery but also the anesthetic im 55years old and never had any opearation or even sedation !and all sort of thoughts went through my mind as i surely didnt want to feel anything .On the mornig of my opearation after speaking to dr sasada i felt he knew exactly how i must be feeling and assured me and explained clearly about the sedation and i felt a lot happier and realy calm about it then and when i arrived in theatre and on the opearating table he very swiftly placed the canula which i never realy felt which surprised me . then by the time the other eqipment bp cuff ect were on my head was positioned i remember talking and felt nothing no drowsiness or nothing just one instance when mr guest asked me to lift my head while he put the drape round and i remember putting my head back down and said thankyou then seems the next minute i remember the nurse saying she was just cleaning my ear then putting the bandage on !i couldnt believe it was all done !!i didnt have any after effects either as i know people can react differently but i felt realy good not even sleepy so my first experience of dr sasada sedation totaly is top marks with me evething was perfect and anyone out there is concerned about anything with your sedation im sure dr sasada can answer any concerns .the team are all so easy to talk too .

Lynnette

Re: sedation

Postby Lynnette » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:56 pm

I had an Advanced Mini Face Lift with the added neck lift on Saturday, two days ago. I was very worried about being awake under sedation, apart from everything else, but I remember nothing after Dr Sasada put the canula on my hand until two hours later when my head was being bandaged up. I'd had a lovely sleep. In fact, now I think of it, I don't know how I got from the theatre to my bed! You just have to trust Dr Sasada in that he knows what he is doing.
sue burge

Re: sedation

Postby sue burge » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:20 am

Hi all, just wanted to say I had sedation and local on Sat 18th January 2014, home today! The sedation is wonderful!! Cannot fault it. No pain at all, I didn't want to be out of it, apart from having eyes done, as a bit yucky about eyes! Dr Sasada suggested that it was best to have it a bit deeper whilst the local was being injected and I agreed. It was all perfect, light able to talk and listen to conversation but no pain, cant remember the eye bit at all!! Fully alert immediately, no after effects, completely different to a general anaesthetic!

Return to “Sedation”